Need advice how to stop this behaviour (video)

zana

Sep 14, 2020
I touch only her head. When she do something similar I left the room, say no or put her in the cage for 10-20 min. She eat healthy food, she have plenty of toys, sleed 12 hours at least per day in dark room. She do this more often when spring/summer is comming. Any new ideas how to stop her to do this?
btw, she do it when I put my hand on mouse pad/mouse.

See video
QlEyVlu.mp4

Ria.345

Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2021
New York City
Parrots
Sun Conure and Umbrella Cockatoo
Maybe she really likes the mouse. Birds tend to mate with humans but also inanimate objects sometimes. Even their toys. I'd try doing everything you're doing now, but try to keep her away from the work desk and instead bring her to a play stand or the top of there cage where she can play with toys and be enriched in a healthy way. Just a guess. Maybe it could be your hand, I would then just put her back into her cage and wait for her to settle down and then take her back out.

ZoeyBear

Jul 27, 2021
Media
United states
Parrots
Zoey (GCC) R.I.P
R.I.P Skittles (GCC)
It looks like she is hormonal, I agree with what @Ria.345 said, my GCC used to do this, I say you should either distract her with something else or put her away for a little bit to calm down (this doesn't have to be the cage it can be a play stand or something like that also) so she can have a reset and calm down.

OP
Z

zana

Sep 14, 2020
She like to bite the mouse, but only when I'm on the pc. At the moment when I go to other room, she fly after me and land on my head or shoulder.
she like to sleep under the paper on the bottom of the cage and put all toy's shredded pieces under the paper. OFC, I clean her cage every day. Now I left only wooden toys in her cage.

Niteldy

Oct 26, 2021
Media
Albums
Utah
Parrots
1 Alexandrine & 5 cockatiels
I touch only her head. When she do something similar I left the room, say no or put her in the cage for 10-20 min. She eat healthy food, she have plenty of toys, sleed 12 hours at least per day in dark room. She do this more often when spring/summer is comming. Any new ideas how to stop her to do this?
btw, she do it when I put my hand on mouse pad/mouse.

See video
QlEyVlu.mp4
Oh My!! It looks to me like she is really after your hand. She is trying to mate with you and the mouse is taking you away from her advances!! I have seen this with mine. She is so hormonal poor thing. Yep just put her away OR use clicker training and get her doing something else to occupy her time. Good Luck!!

Most Reactions