Need help/ advice

Jul 23, 2023
Parrots
7 month old sun conure
I was outside and found a hurt butterfly. Its top left wing is all crushed. I brought it inside and gave it some water with sugar in it. It seems to have its energy back after the water. Its crawling all over the box. It flutters its wings but can’t seem to fly. What can i do to help? I don't want to hurt it anymore. Any advice? Or tips?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_5039.jpeg
    IMG_5039.jpeg
    260.5 KB · Views: 7
You are working with a very fragile creature that is highly dependent on its wings. Their lifecycle is also short as only the Fall hatch will travel South. The current group will last for several weeks, mate and pass away.

Keep providing the sugar water as sadly that is the most you can do.

Aw you might have to care for it in its own little container it's hard to tell how the wings look in that pic.. I've seen videos of people fixing wings but seems like a very delicate process

Noble goal.
Thier lifespan is like 1, at most 2 weeks.

I allow milkweed to grow in my yard and landscape areas, it's a vital foodsource for butterflies. I'd look into that, it's like saving the butterflies as people want to save the bees. Google it up.

Noble goal.
Thier lifespan is like 1, at most 2 weeks.

I allow milkweed to grow in my yard and landscape areas, it's a vital foodsource for butterflies. I'd look into that, it's like saving the butterflies as people want to save the bees. Google it up.
Adding Butterfly Brushes are a great addition to your landscape!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back