Need help choosing new seeds for seed mix

Inko-ai

Oct 11, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Budgies - Sprite & Marshmallow
I've been making my own seed mix for my budgies, containing 1/2 lb. millet, 1/2 lb quinoa, 1 c hemp seeds, 1 c chia seeds, 1/2 c flax seeds, 1 c oat groats, and 1 c rolled oats. But, my budgies only eat the millet, oat groats, and rolled oats. So, I want to switch out the quinoa, hemp seeds, chia seeds, and flax seeds with other seeds they might like. What might be some good, healthy replacements?
(Just to clarify, because I know people will ask, I don't only feed them seeds. They also get pellets and fresh vegetables)

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Hmm, there's canary grass seed, canola seed, red millet, sesame seed, anise seed, poppy seed, and caraway seed. Just look up their nutritional value and pick which ones you want to use, there's some I didn't say though.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I agree with zERo. I'd recommend mixing some different types of millet(like red millet, yellow millet, etc.), canary seed, oats, or whatever bird-safe low-fat seed they like:) You can check out this seed mix by FeatherBeautiful, and choose what your birds like:

OP
Inko-ai

Inko-ai

Oct 11, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Budgies - Sprite & Marshmallow
I agree with zERo. I'd recommend mixing some different types of millet(like red millet, yellow millet, etc.), canary seed, oats, or whatever bird-safe low-fat seed they like:) You can check out this seed mix by FeatherBeautiful, and choose what your birds like:

Thank you!

Most Reactions

Latest posts