Need help sexing and if someone can tell me age of budgie

ggmon3

Mar 7, 2024
Parrots
Budgie
1000054683.png
if a better picture is needed ask. thank you :)

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
Yes, male. I would guess around a year old? Give or take a few months. Babies start out with dark eyes and they usually don’t get the grey iris around their eye until about a year.

GambotheGreyt

Feb 8, 2024
Parrots
Currently.. congo african grey
The beak appears overgrown. How is he eating? Does he have a cuttle bone?

OP
G

ggmon3

Mar 7, 2024
Parrots
Budgie
Yes, male. I would guess around a year old? Give or take a few months. Babies start out with dark eyes and they usually don’t get the grey iris around their eye until about a year.
thank you both for the replies :) here are some better pictures from earlier today
1000054778.jpg

OP
G

ggmon3

Mar 7, 2024
Parrots
Budgie
for reference breeder said he was 3 months old when i got him (end of february) 😅

animalgirl555

Dec 28, 2023
Parrots
Mango
Birds usually won't play with plastic toys. You should invest in some shredding toys made of natural materials, or make your own! (That's what I do!) My budgies didn't seem to like their cuttlebone either, but I left it in their cage, and they'll nibble at it occasionally.

GambotheGreyt

Feb 8, 2024
Parrots
Birds usually won't play with plastic toys. You should invest in some shredding toys made of natural materials, or make your own! (That's what I do!) My budgies didn't seem to like their cuttlebone either, but I left it in their cage, and they'll nibble at it occasionally.
Look at the DIY toys forum on here. Lots of great ideas.

GambotheGreyt

Feb 8, 2024
Parrots
had a swing with a bell on it but never really liked it, and i got him some of those balls with bells in them but he didnt like them either
Did you remove them? Why?

But yeah, get toys made from natural materials.

Most Reactions

Latest posts