Need help with looking for another bird

SafamirzašŸ¤

Mar 26, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel
Hello šŸ‘‹ Iā€™m looking for a new friend for my current cockatiel, Kiko who is a 2 year old male.

I wanted to know if cockatiels can get along with conures or Indian ring-necks? Or is it best to get another cockatiel? We want to welcome another family bird into our home but we need to make sure that it has a good chance of becoming friends with Kiko.

Thanks to anyone who replies :)

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I want to answer because no one else has.... BE CAREFUL Not even two birds of the same species hit it off. A cockatiel can be an agressor or a victim depending on what you get. For instance a cool green cheek might get along great, an ill temperured gcc or bigger might take some toes. A budgie might work out or just be hunted and abused by a cockatiel.

Only get a bird if you want it, your current pet is probably fine living in the moment... put it this way if you get a bird and they don't get along do you have the room and time to keep them seperated and both get time.

BirdMommie

Mar 15, 2024
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
Cockatiel
Lovebird
Rosey Bourkes
Hello šŸ‘‹ Iā€™m looking for a new friend for my current cockatiel, Kiko who is a 2 year old male.

I wanted to know if cockatiels can get along with conures or Indian ring-necks? Or is it best to get another cockatiel? We want to welcome another family bird into our home but we need to make sure that it has a good chance of becoming friends with Kiko.

A female cockatiel would be your best bet.
My tiel is best buddies with my green cheek conure but they were raised together. Find an Avian Vet near you and ask their advice.

Revpaul

Mar 23, 2024
Parrots
Used to have GCC
I suggest you google IRN and violence. It's frankly unfair to bring one into your cockatiel's home.

Thats also a very advanced/ difficult bird beyond being able to do serious damage to other birds.

They look soft but its kinda like naming a boy Sue...

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels

They say that Australian parrots usually get along or at least tolerate each other. So I got a princess parrot to keep my cockatiel company. They bicker sometimes but no serious fights

Most Reactions

Latest posts