Need help with taming

demishigami

Feb 12, 2020
Central Europe
Parrots
Red rumped Parrots
I have two red rumped parrots in a single cage. It's been around 5 weeks since i've got them. Male has a very funny, loud and deffending personality, the female on the other hand is usually shy, but that doesn't keep her from doing the hammer time with her buddy almost every single day.
Throughout those 5 weeks i barely had any contact with them. I've read them and sometimes placed my hand in their cage, but they'd usually run away and jump on the highest stick.
They freeze every time i stand up, move, or literally do anything and would scare off whenever i get close to them. Starting from the female, then the male goes with her to "protect her" (which would make sense)
Youtube videos aren't really helping because they are repeating the same method over and over again
Any tips or a way on how i could tame them/ make them less nervous around me? I trust you guys more than youtube.
Thanks.
(p.s i've posted before here about my parents not wanting to change the teflon pans, they bought new non teflon lol :04:)

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
There are several great threads that will be of great benefit! I am sure there are others that will share them with you shortly!
My thoughts, it isn't so much as taming, as it is in gaining trust! No different than building a lifelong friendship!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure

Most Reactions

Latest posts