Nelson's eccentric habit

cnyguy70

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 23, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
811
Location
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Cinnamon green cheeked conure hatched 2/18/2025.
My CGCC Nelson has a rather strange habit, and I wonder if anyone else's parrots do the same thing. When I change his water, if there are any water droplets on the sides or bottom of the dish, Nelson seems obsessed with licking them. He has plenty of water in the dish and regularly drinks from it, but he just can't resist the tiny drops on the outside of the dish. He seems to enjoy it as much as playing with his parrot toys. :unsure:
 
My CGCC Nelson has a rather strange habit, and I wonder if anyone else's parrots do the same thing. When I change his water, if there are any water droplets on the sides or bottom of the dish, Nelson seems obsessed with licking them. He has plenty of water in the dish and regularly drinks from it, but he just can't resist the tiny drops on the outside of the dish. He seems to enjoy it as much as playing with his parrot toys. :unsure:
My lovebird doesn’t do this with his water dish, but he absolutely does it if we have any hint of water/droplets on our fingers while holding him.
 
MY conures and my cockatiel all do this! My larger birds don't. It's rather odd, LOL!
 
my macaws have water available from 3 sources all day, yet when they all come inside to roost I have to be the water trolley - the way they fight to drink it you would think I live in a desert
 

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom