Nest box

Bastin

Oct 3, 2023
Uk
Parrots
11 budgies in aviary
Hi I have an aviary with budgies, I would like to put nest box in but would like a good one. Do anyone no of a make or model that is best.
thanks

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Hi I have an aviary with budgies, I would like to put nest box in but would like a good one. Do anyone no of a make or model that is best.
thanks
It depends where you live. I know some good places but they're in my town. You local bird shops are your best bet or online.

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
Nest boxes also differ by culture. There's really good ceramic ones you can get from local pet shops that hang from the top of the cage. Otherwise, there's wood, plastic, metal.... even a cardboard box works if you have the right diameter and proper substrate. I prefer metal myself (Hagan does an awesome metal one for cockatiels. Not sure about budgie boxes. Up here I think you can only get plastic and wood ones.)

Wood is a PAIN IN THE TAIL FEATHERS to clean and breeds germs. But most parrots love to chew on it for a nest box. Plastic tends to collect moisture, so find one with vents if you can find them. Out here, budgie boxes are usually plastic, with a slide out tray for eggs and a viewing window that can be covered up with a shield. They're common, like every pet store has them, LOL!

OP
Bastin

Bastin

Oct 3, 2023
Uk
Parrots
11 budgies in aviary
thanks
Thank you

OP
Bastin

Bastin

Oct 3, 2023
Uk
Parrots
11 budgies in aviary
Nest boxes also differ by culture. There's really good ceramic ones you can get from local pet shops that hang from the top of the cage. Otherwise, there's wood, plastic, metal.... even a cardboard box works if you have the right diameter and proper substrate. I prefer metal myself (Hagan does an awesome metal one for cockatiels. Not sure about budgie boxes. Up here I think you can only get plastic and wood ones.)

Wood is a PAIN IN THE TAIL FEATHERS to clean and breeds germs. But most parrots love to chew on it for a nest box. Plastic tends to collect moisture, so find one with vents if you can find them. Out here, budgie boxes are usually plastic, with a slide out tray for eggs and a viewing window that can be covered up with a shield. They're common, like every pet store has them, LOL!
Thank you

Most Reactions