Kikothecockatiel

Mar 2, 2022
Parrots
Kiko
Rio
Tinko
Pearl
it

it's not a girl because girls cere has only tan and brown and white sometimes a little blue (and when girls' are babies they only have light blue it never has purple

but your bird has purple lots of blue and white so he's a boy
Yeah this makes sense thank you!

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
that one is also a boy and is mature means he's an adult

Young female budgies DO have a very light blue cere with white edges. Plus the colouration of the budgie (colour mutation) you can see that there is barely any lines on the head, so it's not really the same thing with "young budgies having lines on forehead". Boys even with this colour mutation would show a much darker blue cere.

So yeah, my personal bet would be it is a very young girlie.

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
i disagree they are boys why because when I was in talk budgies I asked them can you give me photos of your budgies so i can determine the gender (they knew their gender they just wanted to test me because they did a vet DNA test )there was two exactly like yours I said they were girls they said no they are boys because they had purple and some blue baby girls only have light blue
Young female budgies DO have a very light blue cere with white edges. Plus the colouration of the budgie (colour mutation) you can see that there is barely any lines on the head, so it's not really the same thing with "young budgies having lines on forehead". Boys even with this colour mutation would show a much darker blue cere.

So yeah, my personal bet would be it is a very young girliei digree

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days

So yeah, my personal bet would be it is a very young girlie.
i have been studying budgie gender for 7 months now

Most Reactions