Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I'm changing the way a make chop, finally! I never wanted to cook all the grains, legumes and beans but I just kind of got into the habit of doing it, so I sprouted everything possible and cooked only the brown rice and lima beans. Ingredients:

Vegetables: Purple kale, collard greens, carrot, Bell pepper with the seeds, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potato (lightly steamed), green beans, brussels sprouts, and cucumber (just one)

Fruits: None are added until serving

Grain and Legumes: Sprouted tricolor quinoa, sprouted peas, sprouted amaranth, sprouted green and red lentils, sprouted mung beans, and sprouted chickpeas.
Cooked: Brown rice and Lima beans

'Extras': Boiled egg (only two in the whole mix), red palm oil, coconut oil, coconut shreds, bee pollen, ginger powder, hibiscus (dried), calendula (dried), rolled oats, hemp seed, flaxseed, chia seeds.

I've wondered should carrots be lightly steamed too? I know it makes their nutrients more available.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
That's a fantastic chop! So many healthy things in there, I love it.
For my carrots sometimes I cook them but most of the time I use raw as they seem to prefer it.

OP
zERo

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
That's a fantastic chop! So many healthy things in there, I love it.
For my carrots sometimes I cook them but most of the time I use raw as they seem to prefer it.
Thanks, I think mine prefer raw to cooked carrot too

Most Reactions

Latest posts