gloriaas1949

Dec 23, 2021
Media
Parrots
Goffins Cockatoo 30 years old
Hi all, Sunny bird and I have been together since she was an infant. Now that I am retired, she sits on my shoulder for half the day and gladly returns to her cage when asked. She is healthy, fun, and of course, attention seeking as most cockatoos are. She eats crazy food and is still healthy- egg and bean burrito pieces, dark moist chicken drumsticks (no bone) I hold for her while she picks it apart. Her morning routine is sipping coffee and whip cream out of my cup before eating her breakfast. She still eats her pellets, a little millet a little unshelled seeds- she will not shell anything! Only issue is her squawking to get her social fix on. There is a wonderful site I learned a little behavior conditioning Avian Behavior Lab out of Escondido CA. They are amazing behaviorists that tackle all kinds of bird dysfunction. Great webinars and training for sure! Check em out!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to you and Sunny, always a treat welcoming another Goffins aficionado to our family!

Thanks so much for mentioning Avian Behavior Lab! Previously unknown facility literally 30 miles from my home!! Reviewed site and reviews, plan visit very near future!!

Most Reactions