George17

Dec 31, 2021
Parrots
Umbrella cockatoo
Hi all I am a new member I have been reading some of your members saying about their screeching umbrella cockatoo.
I brought George 5 years ago he was neglected he had sores on his feet and his one little foot a quite badly difformed, but it doesn't seem to bother him. He's teŕfied of brown card box's I dread to think why.

We have all had bites off him and don't they hurt.
I have seen like a black growth on the bottom part of his back and was wondering if it should be there and what it is could someone give me some advice please.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Welcome to the forums, you and your U2.
Pictures? I would obviously love to see him but more important, it could give a better idea of what you're talking about, with the black growth on him.

OP
G

George17

Dec 31, 2021
Parrots
Umbrella cockatoo
Welcome to the forums, you and your U2.
Pictures? I would obviously love to see him but more important, it could give a better idea of what you're talking about, with the black growth on him.
OK I will send some pics

Attachments

• IMG-20211231-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20211231-WA0003.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 20211231_191753.jpg
    20211231_191753.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 81

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to you and handsome George! U2s among the most challenging species, seems you've earned trust and rehabilitated him from unspeakable conditions. Thank you for pics, difficult to assess seriousness of his wound. Do you have access to certified avian vet or equivalent?

OP
G

George17

Dec 31, 2021
Parrots
Umbrella cockatoo
Welcome to you and handsome George! U2s among the most challenging species, seems you've earned trust and rehabilitated him from unspeakable conditions. Thank you for pics, difficult to assess seriousness of his wound. Do you have access to certified avian vet
Thank you for replying
George does have a vet but the last time I took him he got so stressed he past out

The growth or lump is at the bottom of his spine my husband said it's always been there but I don't know
just wondered if anyone could let me know anything about it
.my names Anita

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
I'm glad you're here. GOOD FOR YOU for researching and reaching out.
I don't have answers, but I do have a big WELCOME.
Stick with us!

9lhIlM0.jpg

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Thank you for replying
George does have a vet but the last time I took him he got so stressed he past out

The growth or lump is at the bottom of his spine my husband said it's always been there but I don't know
just wondered if anyone could let me know anything about it
.my names Anita
Thanks for additional information, Anita! Passing out from stress extremely disturbing and cautionary. A skilled avian vet may better handle George or give you calming meds at home prior to visit. If your husband noted lump over long period of time, perhaps a frequently picked benign growth?

Most Reactions