Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Salty has become very comfortable with our new training surface, so I decided that a new training video was in order. We did almost every single trick in the book, except for the card trick ( picking the Kings from a deck of cards),which is hard for him to do on the towel, and doing his little slide, which is usally our last trick of the session, but my boys decided at that point to come upstairs and Salty got way distracted. Salty created the tricks with the hoop, and singing with the piano and the xylophone.

[ame="https://youtube.com/watch?v=hHUqmbrRejE"]https://youtube.com/watch?v=hHUqmbrRejE[/ame]

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
My friend, What you have done with salty is just remarkable! Such a performer!!

Confession: I’m wildly jealous of people who do stuff like colors, anything that requires the bird to pick up and hold something. He just avoids the object or attacks it. I e tried to teach Parker to do this with targeting, but he hasn’t taken to it, blocking off a whole new avenue of training for him. And I have to blame myself obviously since I’m clearly doing something wrong. :(

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
:35:That was AWESOME!! :35: Yay Salty :greenyellow:
I thoroughly enjoyed every second, it was amazing!! Wonderful job to both of you.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Truly phenomenal production!! Salty's attention span is amazing, thanks for the continuity of a lengthy video. More informative than small snippets of action.

dhraiden

Jul 14, 2015
Queens NY
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure (Mochi)
Gold Capped Conure (Mango)
Salty's brilliant and has a dedicated trainer! Wonderful show!

OP
wrench13

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Thanks folks, we appreciate the comments. I read them to Salty.

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
I'm definitely going to show Levi this entire Video. It was that great! :)

OP
wrench13

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
While this session was almost perfect, some nights he is just not in the mood to do any tricks , or only some of them. Tonight;s session was an example - he refused several of the tricjs and was generally distracted. By what, who knows. I alwaus let him refuse a given trick, or even a whole session, Our traning sessions always begin and end with the same tricks (ones he loved to do) so we start and end on a positive note - thats important. He walks away knowing that he's a good bird, a good boy even if he refuses some tricks.

Most Reactions

Latest posts