New Study - The best Way to Prevent Feather Plucking: make Your Parrot Work!

findi

Jan 28, 2012
Hi All,
An exciting new study has revealed that healthy parrots prefer working for their food to eating from a bowl. Parrots involved in feather-plucking, however, go right to their bowls and show no interest in solving problems that led to food rewards. I think this research is important to all who share their homes with parrots. Some progress was also made in developing a medication for birds that have begun to damage their plumage. I have dealt with feather-plucking even in well-run zoos; it’s a sad and frustrating condition, and I hope that this new work points the way to some solutions.[FONT=&quot] R[/FONT]ead article here That Bird Blog - Information on Bird Care, Health and Conservation
Please also check out my posts on Twitter Crows as Pets: The African Pied Crow, a Most Intelligent Bird and Face Book http://on.fb.me/KckP1m

Thanks, Frank
My Bio, with photos of animals I’ve been lucky enough to work with That Pet Place welcomes Zoologist/Herpetologist Frank Indiviglio to That Reptile Blog | That Reptile Blog

chippy

Feb 16, 2013
Parrots
2 Indian Ringnecks, Tiki (DH's) and Pippin (mine), 1 lovebird, Gemma (DD's) and 1 in birdy Heaven... RIP, Wilbur.
Thanks for sharing!

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Yes thank you! That is great! Lilo doesn't pick but it'll keep her busy! :)

Most Reactions