New to the forum

2conures

Mar 20, 2021
We have a lovely, noisy Sun conure and a beautiful Black cap conure, we think they are both males as they have an occasional squabble if they are out of their cage at the same time, so unfortunately we only let one out at a time. We were hoping they could be put together, but it doesn’t appear that will be ever able to happen. They are very loved in our house!!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Welcome to the forums, so glad you found us! Lots of knowledgeable, experienced folks around, happy to help in any way we can, and conures are very popular here.

I feel your pain... My two are never out together either. They're bigger (an Ekkie and a YNA) so huge potential for serious injury if left to their own devices. We make it work though, and each gets undivided attention/daddy time individually throughout the day. The Ekkie gets really jealous, and the YNA is very protective of me, so yeah, it's a process every day... :)

BTW, we love pictures here if you'd like to share!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
From time to time it is worth time shared time out, especially if they have separate Human attachments.

If not, it is a work in progress.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to you and pair of conures!

How old are they, how long have you had them? Ever try letting them out together in neutral territory, ie different room from their cages?

ShellyL

Feb 15, 2021
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Parrots
Black capped conures, Duffy and Rocky
Lilac Crowned Amazon, Gemi
Blue Fronted Amazon, Paco
Alexandrine Parrots, Worf & Dougie
Congo African Grey, Ozzy
Parakeet, Stormy
Welcome! I would love to see photos of them. We have two male black caps, Duffy and Rocky. They are a source of great delight. They both have tons of energy but different interests and distinct personalities. They occasionally must be separated, mostly for biting each others feet/legs and locking beaks. But it never fails, they call out to each other and wish to reunite after a few minutes apart. They are about the same size and we brought Rocky home after having Duffy for 7 months.

Most Reactions

Latest posts