Noisy tiel

jessykeox

Nov 27, 2022
South East England
Parrots
Goose - Whiteface pied cockatiel (male)
Wilbur - Normal grey cockatiel (male)
Hi everyone, Iā€™m homeschooled so my cockatiels get a lot of time out of their cage, but one of my cockatiels (goose) calls for me when I leave the room. It is quite loud and very annoying after a while as Iā€™m trying to study. We got him a friend but he still calls for me, he is around 2 years old. Any advice or tips appreciated. (I will NOT be rehoming him so please donā€™t suggest that.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Niner10Tango

Nov 10, 2012
Media
SE Michigan
Parrots
Tango a White Faced Pied Cockatiel
Hi everyone, Iā€™m homeschooled so my cockatiels get a lot of time out of their cage, but one of my cockatiels (goose) calls for me when I leave the room. It is quite loud and very annoying after a while as Iā€™m trying to study. We got him a friend but he still calls for me, he is around 2 years old. Any advice or tips appreciated. (I will NOT be rehoming him so please donā€™t suggest that.)
Hmmmm..... Sounds to me that Goose has a case of separation anxiety. Also, Goose is at the age when hormones kick in. Limiting the amount of daylight will calm hormones down. Have you tried covering the cage on 3 sides when your in the room? Play music nearby the cage at a low volume? When Tango was younger, he would do the same thing, I would leave the room, close the door and ignore him. He did eventually get over it. Not all birds have the same personality so your going to have to pack the patience. I give you so much credit for bringing Goose into your home and your compassion on not re-homing him.. Good for you!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts