Nose picker šŸ¤®

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
Hi guys,

Unique one todayā€¦ does anyone have any tips on how to discourage picking my nose?

Nico is in love. He craves my snot. I am not in love with having my nose picked. I really would like to put an end to this behavior as itā€™s the only thing he wants to do when heā€™s sitting with meā€¦

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I could have gone a long time without reading that.
Sorry no answer for you.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Unique one todayā€¦ does anyone have any tips on how to discourage picking my nose?
Try to use a tissue to clean your nose when it feels like there's snot. That way you don't pick it a lot because there is nothing to pick. It usually helps me(I struggle with the habit too, very embarrassing one to admit.)

Just don't overdo it.

OP
Vilatus

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
Try to use a tissue to clean your nose when it feels like there's snot. That way you don't pick it a lot because there is nothing to pick. It usually helps me(I struggle with the habit too, very embarrassing one to admit.)

Just don't overdo it.
Hey!! Donā€™t bully me!!! šŸ˜‚ Itā€™s him!

OP
Vilatus

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
Oh, I thought you were the one struggling, LOL! Well, my suggestion probably would work to discourage him.
The problem is he is relentless. Iā€™m trying to redirect attention with toys right now, weā€™ll see if it works. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

Cindylynn

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Apr 7, 2022
Media
Albums
The problem is he is relentless. Iā€™m trying to redirect attention with toys right now, weā€™ll see if it works. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø
I completely understand the relentlessness. Pancho wants everything I drink. I have to distance myself from him to get a drink or he will try to rip my glass or straw from my mouth. I can't even imagine if his obsession was with a body part.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
When I have a bad cold I have to keep my Quaker away from my nose. Willow loves to lick my nose and I donā€™t like the idea of him munching on the contents. Snot is germy, for one thing. I just keep him away from my nose and immediately toss tissues into the garbage so he canā€™t ā€œkillā€ them (maybe for the scary noise that happens when I blow my nose into them)?

Maybe you could use the hand wobble correction every time he dives for your nostril?

I risk being preened to bits when Iā€™m sick. Iā€™m glad Willow loves me, but itā€™s a bit silly. So if Iā€™m really drippy he stays in his cage.

OP
Vilatus

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
When I have a bad cold I have to keep my Quaker away from my nose. Willow loves to lick my nose and I donā€™t like the idea of him munching on the contents. Snot is germy, for one thing. I just keep him away from my nose and immediately toss tissues into the garbage so he canā€™t ā€œkillā€ them (maybe for the scary noise that happens when I blow my nose into them)?

Maybe you could use the hand wobble correction every time he dives for your nostril?

I risk being preened to bits when Iā€™m sick. Iā€™m glad Willow loves me, but itā€™s a bit silly. So if Iā€™m really drippy he stays in his cage.
Usually when heā€™s picking at me heā€™s on my chest. Iā€™ve been trying just basic redirection for nowā€¦ we keep trying lol

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Usually when heā€™s picking at me heā€™s on my chest. Iā€™ve been trying just basic redirection for nowā€¦ we keep trying lol
Maybe every time he goes for your nostril you could cough.

Most Reactions