Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
For those of us in the good ol' USA, November brings us... Thanksgiving.
I thought I'd use that in a slightly different way.

We all know about the big, traditional Thanksgiving dinner,
where we inevitably eat waaaay too much. So, with that in mind,

This month's theme is...

Gluttony!

Let's see your birds indulging, enjoying, or plain old pigging out on their favorite foods!
The messier, the better, don't you think?

When Avery first got here, he had never had veggies.
He figured them out fast!

YUMMMMMMMM!
20221116_203802.jpg

EVERY day was like Thanksgiving for Patches

Food made him so happy! ♥️
1699470792760.png

1699470854075.png

Tucker, well, everyone's food is fair game! 🤣
1699471157331.png

The contest will run from now until the morning of November 28th (Eastern USA time) at which time there will be a three day polling period. Winner will be announced the morning of December 1st. The winner will receive a free, one year Supporting Membership to Parrot Forums, and the winning entry will be displayed on the forum homepage for the following month. The winning photo will also be automatically entered into our Photo of the Year Contest for next year!!!

Only one "Official Entry" per person, however, you may submit as many "Just for Fun" entries as you like! Videos and photoshopped images will be allowed, but not required.
Please don't forget to tell us your bird's name in your post. :)

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
For those of us in the good ol' USA, November brings us... Thanksgiving.
I thought I'd use that in a slightly different way.

We all know about the big, traditional Thanksgiving dinner,
where we inevitably eat waaaay too much. So, with that in mind,

This month's theme is...

Gluttony!

Let's see your birds indulging, enjoying, or plain old pigging out on their favorite foods!
The messier, the better, don't you think?

When Avery first got here, he had never had veggies.
He figured them out fast!

YUMMMMMMMM!
View attachment 55891

EVERY day was like Thanksgiving for Patches

Food made him so happy! ♥️
View attachment 55895
View attachment 55896

Tucker, well, everyone's food is fair game! 🤣
View attachment 55897

The contest will run from now until the morning of November 28th (Eastern USA time) at which time there will be a three day polling period. Winner will be announced the morning of December 1st. The winner will receive a free, one year Supporting Membership to Parrot Forums, and the winning entry will be displayed on the forum homepage for the following month. The winning photo will also be automatically entered into our Photo of the Year Contest for next year!!!

Only one "Official Entry" per person, however, you may submit as many "Just for Fun" entries as you like! Videos and photoshopped images will be allowed, but not required.
Please don't forget to tell us your bird's name in your post. :)

Good luck everyone!

Jon you've knocked it out of the park again!! I love this theme and I can't wait to see all those happy messy gluttonous beaks!! 😍

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
OFFICIAL ENTRY:

Gluttony, thy name is Peachie!! She has set new benchmarks for voraciousness ever since she got here!! From Day One she has eaten EVERYTHING I put in front of her, from pellets to seeds to fruit and veg, whether familiar to her or not. Even when she was sick with psittacosis her appetite never waned, and her weight increased almost every time she went back to the vet for an antibiotic injection every week for six weeks! Honestly I've never had a bird who eats like she does, and her latest fave is blackberries which lends itself to some fairly gory looking mess on that beak, as well as some rather interestingly coloured poop! So therefore I present Princess "Miss Gluttony 2023" Peachie as my official entry, and Lord help me if I ever have to put her on a diet cos she'd scream my house down!!!

peachieberries1.jpeg

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Ooo I love this!
Here's a quick JFF from this morning (Jasper branching out from walmnust):
View attachment 55899
Foxxy, Jasper looks like he's totally loving it! The look on his face!.... "You WILL submit to my superior beaky strength, banana man, or I'll eat you alive! Okay, I'll eat you alive anyway" 🤣

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
OFFICIAL ENTRY:

Gluttony, thy name is Peachie!! She has set new benchmarks for voraciousness ever since she got here!! From Day One she has eaten EVERYTHING I put in front of her, from pellets to seeds to fruit and veg, whether familiar to her or not. Even when she was sick with psittacosis her appetite never waned, and her weight increased almost every time she went back to the vet for an antibiotic injection every week for six weeks! Honestly I've never had a bird who eats like she does, and her latest fave is blackberries which lends itself to some fairly gory looking mess on that beak, as well as some rather interestingly coloured poop! So therefore I present Princess "Miss Gluttony 2023" Peachie as my official entry, and Lord help me if I ever have to put her on a diet cos she'd scream my house down!!!

View attachment 55906
Awwww Peachie, you really are the cutest little glutton, aren't you? 😍 If those blackberries weren't right there, I think I'd be afraid she was gonna eat ME! Eeeeeek! 😱

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Awwww Peachie, you really are the cutest little glutton, aren't you? 😍 If those blackberries weren't right there, I think I'd be afraid she was gonna eat ME! Eeeeeek! 😱
I think it may be Lovejoy who is in the most danger of Peachie eating him alive! ❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥 That may explain her eating habits though, it sure would sharpen up a girlie bird's appetite having to keep up with such a handsome rooster ;) 💘 😍

At least Peachie's always happy to share ... 💖

pljberries2.jpeg

Fluffonia

Aug 4, 2023
Media
Slovenia
Parrots
Red sided ekkie female -
Ruby
Hatchingday- 14th of May, 2023
This is a good contest! So Ruby’s coming in! Never mind the background she made a mess :) ;) She finally figured out what was in the cup! Coffee! I took her away immediately, but she seems to make a habit out of it now…… I can’t even drink my coffee in peace…..
Here she comes…. Dun dun dun!
IMG_1312.jpeg

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
This is a good contest! So Ruby’s coming in! Never mind the background she made a mess :) ;) She finally figured out what was in the cup! Coffee! I took her away immediately, but she seems to make a habit out of it now…… I can’t even drink my coffee in peace…..
Here she comes…. Dun dun dun!View attachment 55921
Oh No! Poor woman can't eat coffee in peace, CALL DA BIRB POLICE!!! or man idk

Jexnell

Supporting Member
2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 28, 2019
Portland Oregon
Parrots
Phoenix - Sun conure
And I thought my budgie Rocky would eat ANYTHING (yesterday she snuck a piece of ham)! I love your Sunnie's adventurous appetite! Is that rare beef? What a glutton!
It was a bit of med/rare steak he stole from me...he would literally yell at me if I didn't let him try whatever I was eating

Most Reactions

Latest posts