oh my babies

sunconure

Aug 24, 2005
Media
Albums
Cedar Park, TX
Parrots
sun conure girls: Allie & Kira
So since I have not been on here in ages, that means that my bird's havn't had their pictures put up in ages. So here we are. ....some more pics.

This is their cage next to my dest in ym room. I am adding another bird net that is going to hang from the cieling on all four corners like a hammock.

newsetup1.jpg

netting2.jpg

netting.jpg

eating.jpg

pheobus

Jun 14, 2007
Media
Wonderfull pics sunconure! Your fids are really pretty ! Especially that close one of Alliee eating her fruit with halfclosed eyes of satisfaction ! :)

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
They are so beautiful looking. They look really red.. its probably just me lol.. but are they the red mutation kind by any chance?

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Wow Emily they are beautiful, and certainly look like they enjoy that net. :D I'm really gonna have to pull my finger out and make some of those for the little guys when they go into the aviary. They'll love em.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Sunnies ... I love sunnies ... I love to see sunnies on Cargo Nets ... I have go to make a cargo net for these two ... they would love it!!

OP
sunconure

sunconure

Aug 24, 2005
Media
Albums
Cedar Park, TX
Parrots
sun conure girls: Allie & Kira
They are so beautiful looking. They look really red.. its probably just me lol.. but are they the red mutation kind by any chance?

No, they are regular sun conures. You are probably thinking of single-factor sun conures. The breeder I my two from is begining to breed some single-factor suns. http://www.birdcompanions.com/conures.htm

Single factors are VERY pretty, and very red.

About the net. All it is is untreated siesal rope purchased a lowes. The knots are clove hitch knots. Very easy.

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
img8341gs0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Skippah has no colour, but now he has no cage, he is much more animated. Getting very social.

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
So is this one.
img8382bk4.jpg
[/IMG]
Can some post up a pic of a bird with more colour so I can avoid being accussed of thread hijacking.
You have a nice new addition to your little family.keep up the pix.

Last edited:

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
I love the idea of putting a rope perch on the outside of the cage. I've been looking for a way to make a perch on top of Sisqo & Gigi's cages (they're dometops), and a rope perch never occured to me. I'll have to try it ASAP.

chaddlee78

Jun 25, 2007
Media
i live in Mississippi
Parrots
I have one Sun Conure but sometimes i get interested in acquiring a mate for him/she. I'm not sure rather sunnie is a he or she, so i at times call sunnie shim:).
that is a pretty neat play area for your sun conures. you have their toys hanging from the ceiling. It takes having an imagination to set up a play area for them doesn't it? I've gotten my little nephew to help me set up a play area for my sun conure. Little kids have a great imagination and it went pretty well. Your sun conures look beautiful. How old are they and are they a breeder pair or what?

chaddlee78

Jun 25, 2007
Media
i live in Mississippi
Parrots
I have one Sun Conure but sometimes i get interested in acquiring a mate for him/she. I'm not sure rather sunnie is a he or she, so i at times call sunnie shim:).
how do breeders breed single factor sun's? How do they make them more red? i think it would be neat to buy a macaw. I was reading on the red head macaw. It is called something like this. He isn't as big as the blue and gold macaw. It will be a good way from now though.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
how do breeders breed single factor sun's? How do they make them more red? i think it would be neat to buy a macaw. I was reading on the red head macaw. It is called something like this. He isn't as big as the blue and gold macaw. It will be a good way from now though.

Want to talk about smaller Macaws with lots of personality ... how about Red Front or Severes? Love both of these little guys, and they will be the next two that we get ...

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Oh don't forget the Illiger and Hans Macaws they are beautiful. :D

Most Reactions