Old budgie(?)

animalgirl555

Dec 28, 2023
Parrots
Mango
I've had my relative's budgies for a while now.
There are two: a 4-year old white budgie and a young blue one that we recently bought as a companion for the white one. (I don't know their exact ages, because one was given and the other was purchased from a local mom-and-pop type pet store)
Anyway, the white budgie has been looking less energetic, less vocal, and looking tiered and fluffy more than usual. I am wondering, is this budgie sick or just getting old?

Also, I let them interact with my lovebirds (during out-of-cage time), so if she is sick, will my birds get sick, too?
Thanks!

PS Reading over this, I realized that this sounded like a dumb question, sorry!

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
I've had my relative's budgies for a while now.
There are two: a 4-year old white budgie and a young blue one that we recently bought as a companion for the white one. (I don't know their exact ages, because one was given and the other was purchased from a local mom-and-pop type pet store)
Anyway, the white budgie has been looking less energetic, less vocal, and looking tiered and fluffy more than usual. I am wondering, is this budgie sick or just getting old?

Also, I let them interact with my lovebirds (during out-of-cage time), so if she is sick, will my birds get sick, too?
Thanks!

PS Reading over this, I realized that this sounded like a dumb question, sorry!
If you can't get to a vet then isolate the one in question and care for it separately until it gets better

Most Reactions

Latest posts