Older african gray

Greygray

Nov 9, 2021
Parrots
Gray parrot
Hello

I am currently rehoming an African grey parrot. his elderly owner had to be sent to a home and his family asked me to find the bird a new home as they did not want to keep him.

this parrot is over 25-28 years old. He is a dna sexed male screened for PBFD (paper proof from Oct 2021). He plucks his right breast and neck. Before I took him on he was severely obese and on a very bad diet, he is now eating pellets, sprouted seeds, fruit/veg/berries and some nuts, lost a lot of excess weight and started flying probably for the first time is years. He started stepping up to my hand and bonded with me as his mate:oops:

*Originally he was meant to be spending a couple of days with me until one of my bird buddies collects him to give him a new home, but due to some circumstances he was never collected. The bird’s original family of course is aware of that and they can be contacted (well they would like an update on him in the future).
I would gladly keep this bird (and I will if there is no one who would offer him a forever loving home) but I already have too many birds and it is difficult to keep them all with a full time job.
This parrot comes with a cage and all the equipment. I also have a smaller spare cage you can collect for taking him to the garden, for example. I have a uvb arcadia light for him if you need it. He is ideally to go to one of the same bird lunatics like I me :)

he is being given away for free

just want to find this lovely bird a forever loving home

Attachments

• 6E35F518-FEC1-4837-BA82-F4FB0838722D.png
    6E35F518-FEC1-4837-BA82-F4FB0838722D.png
    329.9 KB · Views: 115

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
such a beautiful bird!
im glad he is happy and healthy now
maybe adding where you live might help?
none the less i hope he finds a lovely home

OP
G

Greygray

Nov 9, 2021
Parrots
Gray parrot
Thank you!
we are in SW London
Never knew finding a home for gray parrot would be so difficult!

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Thank you!
we are in SW London
Never knew finding a home for gray parrot would be so difficult!
In Balkan people would fight each other to get a free AG with cage!

Also what a gorgeous bird. My dream bird for sure! I hope you find soon a suitable home for this beautiful boy!

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
It’s a big commitment..
wish you were on our side of the pond, and closer.
a male friend (hopefully friend) for my female CAG….
if it’s meant to be it will happen.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Hope he finds a forever home soon :) He is beautiful! Have you tried posting on maybe Facebook or Craigslist? You'd be more likely to find an adopter on a more used platform

JSpeckhart

Nov 7, 2020
Altoona, PA
Hello

I am currently rehoming an African grey parrot. his elderly owner had to be sent to a home and his family asked me to find the bird a new home as they did not want to keep him.

this parrot is over 25-28 years old. He is a dna sexed male screened for PBFD (paper proof from Oct 2021). He plucks his right breast and neck. Before I took him on he was severely obese and on a very bad diet, he is now eating pellets, sprouted seeds, fruit/veg/berries and some nuts, lost a lot of excess weight and started flying probably for the first time is years. He started stepping up to my hand and bonded with me as his mate:oops:

*Originally he was meant to be spending a couple of days with me until one of my bird buddies collects him to give him a new home, but due to some circumstances he was never collected. The bird’s original family of course is aware of that and they can be contacted (well they would like an update on him in the future).
I would gladly keep this bird (and I will if there is no one who would offer him a forever loving home) but I already have too many birds and it is difficult to keep them all with a full time job.
This parrot comes with a cage and all the equipment. I also have a smaller spare cage you can collect for taking him to the garden, for example. I have a uvb arcadia light for him if you need it. He is ideally to go to one of the same bird lunatics like I me :)

he is being given away for free

just want to find this lovely bird a forever loving home
Where is he located? He looks like my Ariel, DNA sexed male who was named before I knew his sex. I've been searching for him for 20 years. I would love to give him a home. Please let me know. Thank you

OP
G

Greygray

Nov 9, 2021
Parrots
Gray parrot
Where is he located? He looks like my Ariel, DNA sexed male who was named before I knew his sex. I've been searching for him for 20 years. I would love to give him a home. Please let me know. Thank you
Trust me he is not yours he was owned for over 25 years by a single owner. I am now very sceptical about people coming towards me with everyone claiming to be the best hands only to figure out they are either hoarders or time wasters.
Never realized it is such a struggle to rehome an AGF :/

Littleredbeak

May 27, 2020
Ask alot of questions there are alot of pet flippers especially with bird prices going up. Hmm maybe your vet will know of someone looking. He sounds like a wonderful bird. Somebody will be incredibly blessed to have him apart of their lives.

Last edited:
OP
G

Greygray

Nov 9, 2021
Parrots
Gray parrot
Ask alot of questions there are alot of pet flippers especially with bird prices going up. Hmm maybe your vet will know of someone looking. He sounds like a wonderful bird. Somebody will be incredibly blessed to have him apart of their lives.
My vet wouldn’t know because I happen to be him :p i did ask my agp clients but they all as one said “we actually would pay someone to take our parrots from us” 😂
Thank you anyway:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts