Opportunity Knocks

ParkersMom

Jan 18, 2013
Nashville TN
Parrots
Parker male BF Amazon hatched 5/2/2012
Charlie unsexed BF Amazon hatched 1994?
Juno Female BH Caique Hatched 6-3-2013
so I have a chance to adopt/purchase for $300 a special needs zon... I thinks it is either a blue front or a yellow head the lady has had it for a year and the woman she got it from had it since it was much younger she says it is around 9 and is missing a wing ( got it caught in the cage bars) but it dosen't affect her? at all... but... i'm a little gun shy after the whole Keiko thing I don't want to get in over my head...but this little one is tugging at my heart strings...what do you guys think...
also the lady that has her now cant handle her so she is stuck in a cage all the time...
I am more familiar with zons being that I have Parker

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
I think it depends on how the bird feels about you. If you "click" , go for it.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Like henpecked says, if you two click, please do go for it! It's not the Amazon in Manchester is it???
Keiko/Lola, she's doing good! She's got some plucking issue like she had before. BUT I think she's sexually frustrated, I seriously think that's part of her problem....She loves me dearly but I'm used to Macaws because of Willie so I knew what I was getting into. You've got Parker so you pretty much know what you might get into. For me, since I've never had zons, they would be very different for me. But over all, they're all pretty much the same. Training is the same with them all. All the ones you've seen at my house have been re-trained by me personally. You just never witnessed them in the beginning condition when they first arrived....I've gotta tackle that aviary soon,,,ugh....May sell it down the road and build one that I can walk into like I had originally wanted to do, I built one in the past. It make cleaning a lot easier! I'm a very busy bee....lol....

Last edited:
OP
ParkersMom

ParkersMom

Jan 18, 2013
Nashville TN
Parrots
Parker male BF Amazon hatched 5/2/2012
Charlie unsexed BF Amazon hatched 1994?
Juno Female BH Caique Hatched 6-3-2013
yes it's the one in manchester...the lady that has her now is downsizing she said she at one time had 17 birds but she now can't afford them all... I might go look at her tomorrow

Henpecked do you think at 9 she would be past the major hormones os still in the middle...I know they still have them once a year but don't they settle down when they get a little older...I guess what I mean is will she be settled into her personality by now

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
I agree with everyone else. If you meet her and you click go for it. I would not worry about how things went with Keiko. Sometimes things don't work out. It doesn't mean the next one won't! ;)

OrangeWingedKiwi

May 31, 2013
Parrots
Lily - Double Yellow Headed Amazon

Kiwi - Orange Winged Amazon

Princess - Pearl Pied Cinnamon

Chicken - Pearl Pied Cinnamon
MY OWA is 10 and she is not hormonal at all.. You might have the same luck with yours :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts