Pacco’s best behavior ever so far!

May 17, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel
Update about me and my bird’s bond: I am so so happy today because when I was bathing him and spraying him with water, he let me pet his fluffy tummy and cheeks! first I pet his tummy and I risked petting his cheeks which actually went so successful. He didn’t mind me petting him! I haven’t pet him after because he was singing and in his “Cozy Position”, so when I tried to touch him he was a bit cranky and I let him be. He is singing right now while I’m writing this too! he didn’t scream today morning, he was super silent and he doesn’t scream without a reason anymore! only when he is scared, uncomfortable or looking for me! so far... or while singing! He was so friendly today, he was really in contact with me and even sat on my hand! it was so wonderfully unexpected. He was behaving very well on our training sessions and definitely got many treats! it’s night now and both of us are very satisfied with today. Thank you for your attention!

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh wow, what a great update, this really made me smile.
It sounds like you and he are really forming a wonderful bond that will only grow stronger:) You have made wonderful progress!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
OP
PunkAnaOfBirds
May 17, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel
Hi! I really need help.. my bird became more stubborn and always wants to be outside of the cage. That's the reason he screams in the morning, too. He is in his cage for some time and then wants to come out. How do I make him go in and make his cage feel more like home and also to somehow let him know that he can't always be outside. Thank you in advance!

JimsBrother

Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2022
Parrots
Uncle to Bebee
and Amy
Hi! I really need help.. my bird became more stubborn and always wants to be outside of the cage. That's the reason he screams in the morning, too. He is in his cage for some time and then wants to come out. How do I make him go in and make his cage feel more like home and also to somehow let him know that he can't always be outside. Thank you in advance!
Does he go into the cage to eat?

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Do you have q lot of fun stuff for him to do in his cage? Like foraging activities or shredding toys?

OP
PunkAnaOfBirds
May 17, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel
Do you have q lot of fun stuff for him to do in his cage? Like foraging activities or shredding toys?
You're right, the toys are the most important. He actually has just one toy so far. I was searching on amazon for long and finally found the perfect toys! He loves to chew and destroy so I found the perfect one. I also chose a playground for him to entertain himself more and in a better technique, and by that I mean: when he is outside he rips and destroys the wallpaper and everything, so he really will like the playground, I think. Thank you very much! I will update when the toys arrive. (It might take a while because I am not in the USA or in a country where when you order items they come right away, I live in Georgia, Tbilisi so it may take weeks. I won't forget to update though, Thanks again! 😊)

OP
PunkAnaOfBirds
May 17, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel
UPDATE: I know, I know, it's been just a day but I made him some DIY toys before his new ones arrive, and he got used to being in the cage! He went outside of the cage from 12PM till 6PM, (crazy, right? That's his schedule, hah! He comes out in the noon and goes to his cage after a damn while..) and when he went in I made him a veggie salad which made him so joyful! He sang a lot, got some treats and everything went very well. He is now happy with being in the cage, Thanks to everyone!

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
UPDATE: I know, I know, it's been just a day but I made him some DIY toys before his new ones arrive, and he got used to being in the cage! He went outside of the cage from 12PM till 6PM, (crazy, right? That's his schedule, hah! He comes out in the noon and goes to his cage after a damn while..) and when he went in I made him a veggie salad which made him so joyful! He sang a lot, got some treats and everything went very well. He is now happy with being in the cage, Thanks to everyone!
This is fantastic! Great job figuring out enrichment that he likes, too!

Most Reactions

Latest posts