Painting?

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
Hi guys,

Back again asking the most random questions possible, lol.

I was wondering if the nontoxic paint made for kids (Crayola or something?) would be safe to let Nico walk through on a canvas? Iā€™d really like to get his footprint, and my friend would like some art from her godson, haha. Obviously even if itā€™s safe I would wash his feet immediately after.

I know thereā€™s the method of putting the canvas in the bag with the paints and letting them walk on a bag, but if itā€™s safe Iā€™d really like his prints! I previously tried beet juice and it was just too watery to leave a good print.

Thanks in advance for your help, and as payment hereā€™s a photo of the little man.

54A8C6D8-F5B8-450F-A0C4-1A8E7A592898.jpeg

eman

Jul 10, 2021
Kuwait
Parrots
Rainbow Lories: Mathew & Mia šŸ¤
Hey
Itā€™s an amazing idea! šŸ˜ I may do the same with Mathew and Mia (if itā€™s safe)! I really donā€™t know the answer, so I will wait with you! And I love the picture you attached šŸ„°

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Time for you two to place your thinking caps on and do the hard-work. The process is fairly straightforward as it requires a review of the chemicals involved, their toxic load, their rate of gassing /de-gassing and does that group of chemicals create heat during this process. One then determines which chemicals are likely to become trapped within the folds of one's Parrots claw and whether that chemical will inflame the skin. Yes, there are a couple of other considerations, but this will at least get you two started.

It will be interested to see which of you get the correct answer.

OP
Vilatus

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
Time for you two to place your thinking caps on and do the hard-work. The process is fairly straightforward as it requires a review of the chemicals involved, their toxic load, their rate of gassing /de-gassing and does that group of chemicals create heat during this process. One then determines which chemicals are likely to become trapped within the folds of one's Parrots claw and whether that chemical will inflame the skin. Yes, there are a couple of other considerations, but this will at least get you two started.

It will be interested to see which of you get the correct answer.
First of all, I scraped by in chemistry with a D.

Secondly, upon doing a google search and getting the basic ingredient list (I think?), and looking into those individually, I donā€™t see any issue. But. I also know nothing about how to find the toxic load or even what gassing/de-gassing is šŸ˜‚

I see that all the ingredients in Crayola finger paint are technically safe to ingest, at least for humans.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Sadly, your high school science class is only going to become more important as time passes. The past /current international virus that continues to revisit us and the poor reporting has come to a point that an individual must have a basic understanding of science to work one's way though the information being provided, restrictions being or not being set in place. And, now yet another booster that is becoming available in late September /October. Should you get it or not is a question that maybe very important.

Not being mean, but you are going to need to obtain the skills to make educated determinations on an ever increasing number of topics as near everything has or is becoming political with contradicting information. You may want to find a copy of your high school science book on the internet and read /take the course again. This time around, you are likely to find it far more interesting and as a result easier. Internet searches become easier to define with a better understanding of the science involved.

You are well on your way and nearing an answer. And yes, it would be easier for both of us if I just gave you the answer. But, I see in you an individual who asks great questions and find you well worth the time to encourage your personal growth. Remember that if you provide an individual a fish, they eat for a day. Encourage /provide that individual the knowledge to fish and they eat for a life time.

OP
Vilatus

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
Hey Iā€™m sorry Iā€™m not ignoring you Iā€™ve been so busy I literally havenā€™t had time to sit at the computer šŸ˜­

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I think crayons finger paint would make fine foot stamps. If they can market it for kids, he could probably drink it and be fine.

Most Reactions