Pancakes

Flyte

Jun 18, 2007
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw, Madison;
Yellow Naped Amazon, Rocky;
Timneh African Grey, Tyler
OK I am finally getting them to eat the good stuff. Well, not Tyler.. he only wants to eat 'people food' if you hold the dish for him which I will not do because thats not always feasible. Anyway I mix it (fruits..veggies..beans..etc.) into pancake batter and then they think they are getting a yummy pancake treat and I don't tell them they are actually getting vitamins/nutrients.
So now I need to find a way to make the actual pancake batter healthier. I would rather not use prepackages crap.. I try to eat as little of that kind of thing as I can.
I mean it's basically just flour isn't it? Is there anything I can use instead of flour to get the same cooking results but better health results? Rocky doesn't seem to like rolled oats so that's out.

On a side note- it sure is funny when your mom steals a pancake and then asks you:
'Sarah.. did you maybe get some eggshell in this batter by accident?'
'Nope'
'Oh, ok..' *she starts to walk away*
'I put it in there on purpose..'

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Hold on, you need a recipe for healthy pancakes ... just go where I go when I need a recipe ...

www.foodnetwork.com

I think you will get like 200 options for pancakes ...

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
Get the whole wheat pancake mix. You will have to add your own eggs, milk and a dash of cooking oil. But it's the healthiest that I have found. I also add in a touch of corn meal and the frozen corn nibblets and make myself and Tiki corn cakes. She loves them. But I only make them for us like once a week. She likes her's plain without any syrup or jelly on it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts