Parrot Land (recreating own story)

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
I'm not sure if I do right posting here, it's not a real-life story about my fids (for them see - Zenek and other our parrots). I don't know what's happened to me - it was supposed to be my mystery. It's the second time this year when I suddenly say that I've got an idea of own story series which wanted to keep for myself not saying anybody.
Background:
The idea came at the end of 2019. Everything is created by me - characters, places etc. It was my second such story series idea - the first isn't written either, the Parrot Land is based on its events (even characters' names are repeated) just in another reality.
It is divided into 4 big parts.

Introduction:
The story takes place in the fictional place with no people. There are just parrots who live like people.
  • From unknown reason their world is divided - like we have different countries, nationalities, there are "lands" and each land is dominated by one species (most of the story takes place in Scarlet Macaw Land)
  • The wings sometimes replace hands. Because of that, 5 (or 4?) first feathers are like fingers and can't be cut
  • Some characters have unnatural crests, other shapes of beak or a bit different colour range - just to identity them (a bit based on Rio movies)
  • They live in the buildings like we, but they are different. For example public ones (eg. school) are inside something like floor with one big hole - to make easier flying from one floor to another. Stairs are like elevators - are used mainly by disabled parrots (can't flying)
Now, after writing the details I feel silly again... So I don't promise I'll start writing :p (if so, it would be in this thread)
And I'd forgot - yesterday I draw one of the main characters - Veronica:
Veronica PL.png

Caution: it isn't good. I don't know if it has any sense

I forgot to write what it is exactly about :p :
Veronica is a shamrock macaw and suffers from peer pressure just because of being a hybrid. She doesn't have any friends until in her class there appears a new classmate - Natalie and they become best friends. They both don't know about a cruel plan of others.
(it's just about the beginning, later there would be other problems)

Last edited:
OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
I'll try to begin... (I don't care about any chapters or their length)
----------------
Somewhere in eastern Scarlet Macaw Land, there lives Natalie. She is a scarlet macaw and her best(?) friend is Cunigunde - a catalina macaw. One day before Natalie moved her family town, she decided to meet Cunigunde for the last time. It is a hard moment for them both. They promised themselves to meet each other in the future...
Cunigunde will be missing Natalie so much... but she is more afraid who she will meet in Macpolis.

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
I dunno if it has any sense but I'll try to add another part...
One day the game on PE was volleyball. One of Natalie's classmates - his name is Bart, loves this game. He is well-known by his friends as being a big fan and many-time-winner of the volleyball.
The class decided to play until one of the teams gets 10 points. Natalie as a sport-clumsy-macaw was the one who missed the ball the most often of all girls, but nobody was angry at her.
Finally the girls were a match for the boys and the result was 9:9. It was the boys' turn to throw the ball.
"Look out, this point decides which team wins." - said Viki, one of the girls
The ball is in Daniel's wings.
"Bart, catch!" - Daniel said passing the ball to his best friend Bart knowing that he will do the best
"Oh no, no Bart, he is the best of us all" - said Ellee, another girl.
Then Bart thew the ball in Veronica's direction, who is the only one to not be a scarlet macaw, but its hybrid with a military macaw. She almost caught the ball... but didn't. The boys' team hurrayed, the girls were disappointment. Viki came to Veronica so angry and said to her "We failed again. And it's because of YOU".
"I'm sorry, I didn't want..." - Veronica answered scared.
"Sure, parrots like you are always badly developed" - said Ellee
Then Natalie came confused - "But, I missed the ball the most times!"
"But because of Veronica the boys got the 10th point." - Viki answered
"It's unfair... It was the only time when she didn't catch the ball... I think..." - Natalie couldn't believe what she hears.
Viki just showed a sign to go and said "Don't be by her side, c'mon"

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
I'm still unsure if I will be continuing or not... I'll see
After the classes were finished, everybody flew in own direction. Natalie noticed that Veronica returns the same way as she and flew behind her. Soon she noticed her and grouched: "Don't fly behind me."
"I'm just coming back home. What's goin' on?" - Natalie asked.
"I don't wanna anybody to bully me." - Veronica answered
"But I'm not bullin' you"
"So why are you talkin with me?"
"And why not?" - Natalie answered confused
Both macaws landed on a random rooftop. Veronica looked at her suspiciously.
"Don't you see who I am?" - she asked spreading her wings
"Hmm... a shamrock macaw?" - Natalie answered confused.
Veronica is so shocked: "You are the first one who recognized exactly who I am."
"And what does it to the fact of being bulled by others?" - Natalie asked
"Being a hybrid is the only reason. They sometimes say even that I shouldn't exist."

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
To be honest I'm confused now - it looks like drawings have more popularity than the story. This is why I've thought about closing this thread and opening another which would be an illustrated version... but at this moment I dunno how I could do it.
Once time I was criticized for this idea but just to see your opinions, I thought about making a small questionnaire using reactions*:
  • like - continuing this version
  • love - illustrated version
  • "haha" - it's stupid idea
FYI: it's not that the most reaction number wins. I just wanna see what you think cos I'm confused and next I'll think what to do. I already wanted to give up, but today I have some mental problems related with my another story...
*I mean on this post, not others

Last edited:
OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Wow, thank you so much.
Btw the poses of Natalie and Veronica are stolen from Rio :ROFLMAO: But their look is created by me (alright, inspired by Rio, but I decided which characters have small crests, a bit different color range etc)

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
I was trying to remind which event was next... so I'll try to write the next one, cos it's really short
"Well, yesterday we've seen them coming back home together. I hope Natalie will not thwart the plans." - Daniel said.
Bart is a bit confused - "What plans?"
"You'll see on your hatchday." - Daniel answered not wanting saying the details to his best friend.
Soon Natalie and Veronica joined the class, not being aware of what's gonna happen.

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
My decision: irregular continuing of this version. From time to time I can make drawings (I can take even requests).
Note: It doesn't mean that I ever finish it. This is a temporary decision.
WARNING: it isn't a fan part.
"Um, Daniel is planning something bad to Veronica with others"
"What?!"
"I don't know the details"
"But you don't do anything to stop 'em?"
"Daniel is too strong."
"It isn't any reason... I'll check what's goin' on."
"Don't do it, Daniel was training karate for few years! He may be dangerous, believe me!"
Julia tried to stop Natalie, but she went.

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Not fun at all part...
In the toilet Daniel with help of Bart, Viki, Ellee and Claudia attacked Veronica holding her and clipping her wings. She was too weak to free... Natalie came too late... and it was a moment when everybody learnt that Natalie and Veronica are friends.
Natalie said about the accident to a teacher... but they had just a small punishment..
Veronica is so terrified... she is even afraid of coming back home... It's the first time when Natalie decided to invite her to her home. Soon after that they called for Veronica's mom and she came to take her home.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Not fun at all part...
In the toilet Daniel with help of Bart, Viki, Ellee and Claudia attacked Veronica holding her and clipping her wings. She was too weak to free... Natalie came too late... and it was a moment when everybody learnt that Natalie and Veronica are friends.
Natalie said about the accident to a teacher... but they had just a small punishment..
Veronica is so terrified... she is even afraid of coming back home... It's the first time when Natalie decided to invite her to her home. Soon after that they called for Veronica's mom and she came to take her home.

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
Not fun at all part...

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
You still can change your mind, it isn't the end of "non-fun" part.
Unfortunately the next day isn't better. Bart and Daniel decided to do everything to tease Veronica. They were taking her things and dropping from the floor, then Veronica had to walk on stairs to 1st floor and coming back... It went on and on...
Soon on PE, the teacher decided to give a punishment. He ordered all macaws from the class (except for Veronica and Natalie) to soak their wings in mud and then running on stairs up and down...
In the final result the girls apologized Veronica. But boys (especially Daniel and Bart) didn't change their mind. They still were teasing for a long time....

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Lol, I forgot about this thread existence :p
So, months went by, nothing changed until the characters went to the high school. Natalie, Veronica, Claudia and (unfortunately) Daniel went to the same school, to the same class. Hopefully Bart went to another school, so they have one enemy less. Among new classmates for example there's Cunigunde - Natalie's friend who decided to rejoin her and to live with her.
To Natalie and Veronica's surprise the new classmates had nothing against two hybrids in the class (shamrock and catalina macaw). The only macaw who was (and is) angry is of course Daniel.

Once day during Natalie's absent, Daniel decided to attack Veronica again. He wanted to clip her wings again, but other classmates heard her voice, came and saved her. One of them - David decided to punish Daniel - he clipped wings and said all boys to not be friends in nearest 2 months.

Most Reactions