Parrot puked brown liquid

Gili66

Dec 4, 2021
Parrots
Quaker
Hello,
I have an 11 years old Quaker parrot and he puked brown liquid, he does not eat and looks tired...
I have never seen it before and could not find any information about it.
Thank you.
Gili

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Welcome to the Forums, Gili66, but I'm very sorry for the worrying circumstances!

I wish I could give you some advice but unfortunately I am at a loss, and we do not have an avian vet here who can tell you for certain what is happening with your Quaker. In your parrot's case I would suggest that he may indeed be ill as you have observed loss of appetite and lethargy as well as the vomiting.

I'm not sure where exactly in the world you are located, but you may be able to find an avian vet using the link below, if not in your country then perhaps one who may be able to offer you a phone or video consultation?

If you let me know where you live I may be able to help you to find an avian vet somewhere near you.

Failing that, you could try a local zoo, animal or bird sanctuary, or a vet who looks after farm animals or poultry may be also be able to assist you.

Perhaps another member of our Forum may be able to offer you some better advice - I hope so! Thank you for reaching out, and I wish you all the very best of luck 🙏

Last edited:
OP
G

Gili66

Dec 4, 2021
Parrots
Quaker
Welcome to the Forums, Gili66, but I'm very sorry for the worrying circumstances!

I wish I could give you some advice but unfortunately I am at a loss, and we do not have an avian vet here who can tell you for certain what is happening with your Quaker. In your parrot's case I would suggest that he may indeed be ill as you have observed loss of appetite and lethargy as well as the vomiting.

I'm not sure where exactly in the world you are located, but you may be able to find an avian vet using the link below, if not in your country then perhaps one who may be able to offer you a phone or video consultation?

If you let me know where you live I may be able to help you to find an avian vet somewhere near you.

Failing that, you could try a local zoo, animal or bird sanctuary, or a vet who looks after farm animals or poultry may be also be able to assist you.

Perhaps another member of our Forum may be able to offer you some better advice - I hope so! Thank you for reaching out, and I wish you all the very best of luck 🙏
Thank you for the reply.
I contacted an exotic animals vet and they asked me to come...
I hope everything will be okay.
Gili

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Thank you for the reply.
I contacted an exotic animals vet and they asked me to come...
I hope everything will be okay.
Gili
You're most welcome! I'm glad you have found a vet service because it does sound like a physical exam is very much warranted in this case.

I hope everything will be okay for your Quaker too - don't forget to tell us his name will you? And do let us know how you get on at the vet :)

OP
G

Gili66

Dec 4, 2021
Parrots
Quaker
You're most welcome! I'm glad you have found a vet service because it does sound like a physical exam is very much warranted in this case.

I hope everything will be okay for your Quaker too - don't forget to tell us his name will you? And do let us know how you get on at the vet :)
Yes,of course.
His name is Magic🙏
And Ill update asap.
Have a wonderful day/night

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Thank you Gili! I will be keeping both you and Magic in my thoughts tonight and wishing you all the very best :)

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Smart move. As a rule, by the time parrots exhibit outward signs of illness or being sick, they are already REALLY sick. As flock animals, they hide illness very well, because the sick ones get singled out by predators first and get eaten. THats a hardwired behavior from over millions of years. So any time your parrot shows even slight change in behavior, demeanor or other outward signs of distress, a vet visit is IMPERATIVE.
I hope Magic gets better soon.

Most Reactions