Peanut help

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
Ok. Mr. Pooh-Bird was running out of peanuts, and Grandma (my mom) went out and bought some more, and he wont eat them at all?

:confused: WHY!! I dont get it, I think they are even the same brand as last time... I could be wrong.

pheobus

Jun 14, 2007
Media
Maybe he doesn't have an appetite for peanuts at the moment....
Or they taste different from the ones he like...

Try one yourself to feel their taste....:D

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
We think it is the peanuts themselves. I think this because 1) he would do anything for a peanut and 2) he would do ANYTHING for a peanut :p

and this has been going on, with these peanuts, for more than a week

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Bucc used to eat peanuts when he was a lot younger, now though they only thing they are good for is making music in his treat bowl He will play with them for hours.

I know he doesn't eat them cos I count them before I put them in the bowl and then in the morning, always the same amount in the bowl, He doesn't even pick them up to throw any out,

pheobus

Jun 14, 2007
Media
Then throw them away and get him some others from an other store maybe!
Sometimes our pets get things we cannot see, hear, feel, I would trust his dislike for them...:D

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
Then throw them away and get him some others from an other store maybe!
Sometimes our pets get things we cannot see, hear, feel, I would trust his dislike for them...:D

yeah we tried that too.. need brand, new store... nothing

Its weird, happened as soon as we bought the new bag(s) and he still runs righ tover all excited and starts to eat them, bits them and then drops them, and proceeds to give me the look of "what was that"

pheobus

Jun 14, 2007
Media
Well then maybe he has decided like Bucc that he doesn't like them any more, or maybe he got bored of them, my Phoebus does that when he likes sth very much, he gets bored of it, won't eat it for a while and then may get back to eating it when he is ready... :D

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah I bet Bucc and Cricket have been talking and Bucc has told him not to eat them anymore. :D I'll go thump him in a min. :D

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
I am thinking maybe it is because the vet told him he was fat :rolleyes:
and sence I have a little gay pride birdie, he is watching his fugure :D

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
I am thinking maybe it is because the vet told him he was fat :rolleyes:
and sence I have a little gay pride birdie, he is watching his fugure :D

:eek: that's no nice calling Mr. Pooh-birdie fat! :(

Chi ... you crack me up! :p

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Maybe he just doesn't like peanuts anymore ... ya know, you have pizza six, seven, eight days in a row and it gets tiring and you just don't want pizza anymore ... try almonds, try something different maybe just leave some peanuts in a bowl for your dad to watch during JETS/GIANTS games here in a few weeks!

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
Skippah is like that with Millet.
give it to him every day and he lets it rot.
Give it to him ever 3rd day and you are his god.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
:D Fancy the vet calling him fat, especially as pooh-bird was in hearing distance, :eek: How rude, Pooh-bird next time you make sure you live up to your nickname mate. Don't you stand for that. :D

Keupi

Aug 16, 2007
Connecticut
Parrots
Keupi - a Senegal.
Mine still can't figure out that there are two peanuts in each shell. He cracks one half, gets the nut and drops the other. However, if I pull the cracked part off and reoffer, he's cracks and eats the rest.

As for fat... heaven forbid!! Though, based on vets advice, I keep mine within a 5 gram over range. The fact that he was a little overweight (between 140-145 grams) probably saved his life last year. My vet's a big nutrition guru but as Keupi was dropping weight (before finally diagnosed with zinc poisoning he dropped to 123 grams), that little cushion meant a lot.

I love fids. Consider the peanut aversion a spell that he'll rediscover later. LOL!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts