Pellets

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus (Male)
Hello Please advise what pellet you would recommend.
I have been using

ZuPreem Natural Daily Parrot & Conure Bird Food, 3-lb bag​

i heard Top's is very good.
Can anyone advise this new guy (an old guy as well:)
Thank you and God Bless
Larry

Attachments

• IMG_20191029_163544.jpg
    IMG_20191029_163544.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 37

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I am an Amazon Snob, but have been around long enough to know that your Eclectus has a highly specialized diet requirement that vastly limits any Pellets to a very few bits as part of a huge Chop (Greens, etc.) main diet. To my understanding Tops is commonly recommended. See the Eclectus Forum and dig deep within it to find Threats that address their diet needs.

Welcome to Parrot Forum!!

OP
azflcowboy

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Hello Thank you I shall try the Top's. wondering should i buy the small or larger pellets
thank you
Larry

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Hello Thank you I shall try the Top's. wondering should i buy the small or larger pellets
thank you
Larry

Well, while introducing Pellets, we always crush to various sizes when providing as the Parrot has a choice from the start and you will quickly learn, which is preferred when you reorder. Start with larger and crush to various sizes.

OP
azflcowboy

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Hello
I received the Topps pellets from Amazon and they look and smell great:)
Moses does not eat them as much as he did the Zupreem maybe thats good as he is eating more fresh veggies and fruits:) i threw out all the zupreem as my wife and i agreed from day 1 the zupreem had a moldy smell for day 1 :) so i think the topps pellets will be the best in the long run. I tried to ween Moses off walnuts for treats and tried to use the topps pellets but he did not buy into that:))) so thank you all who advised Topps pellets:)

Talaya

Apr 26, 2022
Media
Parrots
Han Solo - SI Male Eclectus
Hello
I received the Topps pellets from Amazon and they look and smell great:)
Moses does not eat them as much as he did the Zupreem maybe thats good as he is eating more fresh veggies and fruits:) i threw out all the zupreem as my wife and i agreed from day 1 the zupreem had a moldy smell for day 1 :) so i think the topps pellets will be the best in the long run. I tried to ween Moses off walnuts for treats and tried to use the topps pellets but he did not buy into that:))) so thank you all who advised Topps pellets:)
Hi, I just thought I’d let you know, I use the organic Topps for my boy. But only at night. I like to leave a few pellets (about a tablespoon) in his bowl for when he wakes up. He wakes up before me, so this tides him over until I can get his veggies ready. You can also freeze the Topps pellets to make them have a longer shelf life. The dust that is left is great to make your own birdie bread or crackers (use Like flour).
I found out yesterday my boy loves Giant couscous and can’t swallow it fast enough.. if I add smaller things like chia seeds or very finely chopped veg/herbs it sticks to the couscous and he gets to eat it too. I only gave him 2 tablespoons and the bowl was licked clean. X

Most Reactions

Latest posts