Pico the GCC!!

Artchic528

Sep 3, 2020
Charlotte, NC
Parrots
2 Albino Parakeets, Jax and Jasmine
I have been researching and learning for months now and figured today was a good day (Nov. 20th is my birthday after all) to go ahead and get my green cheek. Her name is Pico, which is Spanish for “beak”. Fitting since her kind’s native habitat is the jungles in the central area of South America. She was flock raised so is very hand shy. The only reason I know she’s a “she” is because she came with papers stating such, or do the store employee said. From what I can tell she’s a “normal” color mutation. Any and all advice to help build her trust and develop a relationship is welcome.
7FCDC47E-A983-4BF2-B833-CA0C5DAA5D9C.jpeg
0242014C-2A69-4B2A-8592-1B45BE3C3788.jpeg

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I have been researching and learning for months now and figured today was a good day (Nov. 20th is my birthday after all) to go ahead and get my green cheek. Her name is Pico, which is Spanish for “beak”. Fitting since her kind’s native habitat is the jungles in the central area of South America. She was flock raised so is very hand shy. The only reason I know she’s a “she” is because she came with papers stating such, or do the store employee said. From what I can tell she’s a “normal” color mutation. Any and all advice to help build her trust and develop a relationship is welcome. View attachment 45820View attachment 45821
Peekaboo!

OP
Artchic528

Artchic528

Sep 3, 2020
Charlotte, NC
Parrots
2 Albino Parakeets, Jax and Jasmine
I got Pico to eat from a millet spray I was holding! Whenever I say her name she does this locate call. It’s loud and shrill and she does it it spurts of two or three. I live in an apartment so I’m a little worried that this might bother the neighbors. She doesn’t do it all the time. Just when I say her name.

anaximander

Dec 4, 2021
Parrots
Sencha - pineapple GCC
I have been researching and learning for months now and figured today was a good day (Nov. 20th is my birthday after all) to go ahead and get my green cheek. Her name is Pico, which is Spanish for “beak”. Fitting since her kind’s native habitat is the jungles in the central area of South America. She was flock raised so is very hand shy. The only reason I know she’s a “she” is because she came with papers stating such, or do the store employee said. From what I can tell she’s a “normal” color mutation. Any and all advice to help build her trust and develop a relationship is welcome. View attachment 45820View attachment 45821
Pico is adorable! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Most Reactions