Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
For those of you who are having picture problems, have you tried this

Go to User CP
Click Edit Options
scroll down page to
Thread Display Options
Tick show images.

Just a quick thought off the top of the head.

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
I checked, and it was already set right. I can usually see the pictures people post, but on a couple I only saw a box with a red X. It's not really a big problem, I know how to get the picture to come, just not on the thread.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Doesn't sound like your ad and spam blocking then. Very strange. :confused:

BlackNova

Staff member
Super Moderator
Jun 16, 2005
Media
Albums
It might have something to do with the image hosting site. Some of them restrict linking images onto others web sites.

For those of you having problems with displaying images within the forums, which image hosting site are you using?

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
My problem isn't about getting the picture I post to show up. I post my pictures directly from my own website. I can't always see the pictures that others post unless I right click and go directly to the address from 'properties'. I see some of them on the thread, and others I don't.

BlackNova

Staff member
Super Moderator
Jun 16, 2005
Media
Albums
Alison said:
My problem isn't about getting the picture I post to show up. I post my pictures directly from my own website. I can't always see the pictures that others post unless I right click and go directly to the address from 'properties'. I see some of them on the thread, and others I don't.

Yep, I want to find out what image hosting companies those people use. There may be a limitation that those companies have about linking from other web sites to their's.

MKay

Jan 25, 2006
Media
Ohio
Parrots
Pionus, YNA, WB caiques, quakers, goffin, lovebirds, GC conure, parakeet,
I use Imagestation.com and I hope they don't discriminate! *** maybe I've got it working, now? ;)

Michael

Jan 24, 2006
Media
Pennsylvania, USA
Parrots
Australian King Parrots
Lesser Jardines
Senegals
Red Bellied
Moustache Parakeets
Green Cheek Conure Mutations
Peachface Lovebirds
Scarlet Chested Parakeet
Painted Conures
Military Macaw
Re: Picture Problems/MKay

I use Image Station, also. Not had a problem yet.
I need to figure out how to make an avitar is it called? All my pictures are too big they tell me when I try.

Michael

MKay

Jan 25, 2006
Media
Ohio
Parrots
Pionus, YNA, WB caiques, quakers, goffin, lovebirds, GC conure, parakeet,
Michael, I had the same problem. I had to revise my pictures to make them 100x100 pixels or less. Made them a lot smaller than what I'm used to!!! But it looks like you don't have to revise them if you attach them in posts, only if they're in your profile and Avitar. That's what I'm guessing, anyway. Here's a couple just for smiles..

Attachments

• Lovebird new babies ready to eat.jpg
    Lovebird new babies ready to eat.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 223
  • Cody Dec 2004.jpg
    Cody Dec 2004.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 218
OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yep, thats it MKay,

Michael if you go to User CP then on left hand side of box click Edit Avatar, at the bottom of the page in the box "cutom avator", you will find out how large or small shall we say, your image can be.

That should do the trick!:D

9Catsz

Jan 24, 2006
Media
Missouri
Parrots
Peachfaced lovebirds, Timneh African greys
I use Photobucket.com.

It's really weird. I'll click on a thread and the picture doesn't come up. I add a post to the thread and then the picture is there.

Today the avatars aren't coming up for me. It just says "9catsz Avatar" or "MKay avatar" but no picture.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
9Catsz said:
I use Photobucket.com.

It's really weird. I'll click on a thread and the picture doesn't come up. I add a post to the thread and then the picture is there.

Today the avatars aren't coming up for me. It just says "9catsz Avatar" or "MKay avatar" but no picture.

I also use photobucket, haven't had a problem with the avatars thou'!!!!
very strange

BlackNova

Staff member
Super Moderator
Jun 16, 2005
Media
Albums
Imagestation.com restricts other web sites from linking to their site. When I get down to the underlieing code, I get this from them:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /picture/sraid155/p5ffaec8cc40bb4925d68d609be4ae46b/f55cc4f7.jpg on this server.

Best to choose a differnt image storage web site or use the picture gallery here.

Most Reactions

Latest posts