Pin feather help?!

slushii

Jan 21, 2023
My poor baby GCC is COVERED in pin feathers on her head, she is probably around 5-6 months old, I love her so much and I have tried helping the itchiness, but as soon as I get my big clumsy fingers in to try and twist some of the coating, it just feels like none of them are ready, none are flaking, and I get a quick nip before she lets me try again.. I feel so bad, clearly she is itching, she always wants to be preened, but I feel like I am so bad at helping her, I just want to make her feel better :confused: If there is like a spray or some food I can give her that will help please let me know... some of them are also too tiny for me to properly grip, i just feel like i might be making her feel worse
IMG_4243.jpg
IMG_4246.jpg
IMG_4254.jpg
IMG_4250.jpg
IMG_4258.jpg
IMG_4256.jpg

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
My poor baby GCC is COVERED in pin feathers on her head, she is probably around 5-6 months old, I love her so much and I have tried helping the itchiness, but as soon as I get my big clumsy fingers in to try and twist some of the coating, it just feels like none of them are ready, none are flaking, and I get a quick nip before she lets me try again.. I feel so bad, clearly she is itching, she always wants to be preened, but I feel like I am so bad at helping her, I just want to make her feel better :confused: If there is like a spray or some food I can give her that will help please let me know... some of them are also too tiny for me to properly grip, i just feel like i might be making her feel worseView attachment 49240View attachment 49241View attachment 49242View attachment 49243View attachment 49244View attachment 49245
I used a clean soft toothbrush to help my budgie Rocky groom all her pinfeathers starting when she was a few weeks old. I called it her hairbrush and it helped break up the waxy sheath and let the new feathers open up.

Most Reactions