Pineapple conure flew away from balcony!!:(((

Happyandzaza

May 11, 2023
Parrots
L
Just now my pineapple conure Happy flew outside and didnt come back, she was doing her morning routine and I was putting her inside the cage, the moment she landed in her perch she flew outside the cage, the cage door is very big because its a big cage and she used to fly maybe 5 6 metters from balcony where her cage was and come back but this time she didnt want to stay inside so she was little angry I think and flew away everything happened so fast I didnt know what to do she kept calling from 2 flats up but I was under stress and didnt think to ask the neighbors to open the door and when I did she was gone. She is a bonded and trained conure and im very sad, is there anyone who had same situation as me and did their bird came back, this is really sad and I hope no one ever happens same as me.
IMG_9052.jpeg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
@Happyandzaza, I'm so very sorry to hear that Happy has escaped :( She *might* find her own way home, but you should also use whatever resources you have to try to find her. Below are a few links that will give you some ideas on how to best go about looking for her, and getting the word out among your neighbours to look too ...

And from our "Lost And Found" forum...

You can post on local Facebook groups and alert ALL local vet clinics and animal shelters in your area, as pet birds who are found are often handed in there. If you live in an apartment, alert everyone in your building, make up posters and flyers and pop them in your neighbours letter boxes, and do them for buildings neighbouring yours as well. I once lost an Indian ringneck many years ago and I got him back on the same day by putting flyers in the letter boxes of every home in several streets around mine.

I'm not sure which part of the world you're in, but the following website is very useful for finding lost birds as well ...

I wish you all the very best of luck in finding Happy and bringing her home!

Greenhouseparrots

Nov 27, 2022
UK
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure- Tequila
Greencheek conure- Sierra
Pearled cockatiel- Malibu
Cockatiel- Volkan
Yellow budgies- Pina Colada and Houdini
Blue budgie- Lightning
White and blue budgie- Ciroc
Awww I'm so sorry, I hope she comes back soon

OP
Happyandzaza

Happyandzaza

May 11, 2023
Parrots
L
@Happyandzaza, I'm so very sorry to hear that Happy has escaped :( She *might* find her own way home, but you should also use whatever resources you have to try to find her. Below are a few links that will give you some ideas on how to best go about looking for her, and getting the word out among your neighbours to look too ...

And from our "Lost And Found" forum...

You can post on local Facebook groups and alert ALL local vet clinics and animal shelters in your area, as pet birds who are found are often handed in there. If you live in an apartment, alert everyone in your building, make up posters and flyers and pop them in your neighbours letter boxes, and do them for buildings neighbouring yours as well. I once lost an Indian ringneck many years ago and I got him back on the same day by putting flyers in the letter boxes of every home in several streets around mine.

I'm not sure which part of the world you're in, but the following website is very useful for finding lost birds as well ...

I wish you all the very best of luck in finding Happy and bringing her home!
Thank you, I live in kosovo Im still waiting for him to come, I searched everywhere but she did not call back, she knows her name aswell so I will be waiting here I pray to God she comes 🤲🏻

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Just now my pineapple conure Happy flew outside and didnt come back, she was doing her morning routine and I was putting her inside the cage, the moment she landed in her perch she flew outside the cage, the cage door is very big because its a big cage and she used to fly maybe 5 6 metters from balcony where her cage was and come back but this time she didnt want to stay inside so she was little angry I think and flew away everything happened so fast I didnt know what to do she kept calling from 2 flats up but I was under stress and didnt think to ask the neighbors to open the door and when I did she was gone. She is a bonded and trained conure and im very sad, is there anyone who had same situation as me and did their bird came back, this is really sad and I hope no one ever happens same as me. View attachment 52612
I'm so sorry! My biggest nightmare is having one of my beloved birds fly away. Keep looking. Don't lose hope. Other PF members have great ideas on how to get your baby back. If you don't find her it's likely someone else did and is taking good care of her.
Did you have another bird fly away recently?

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Best advice if its an apartment "If you live in an apartment, alert everyone in your building, make up posters and flyers and pop them in your neighbours letter boxes, and do them for buildings neighboring yours as well. ", thanks Martina

OP
Happyandzaza

Happyandzaza

May 11, 2023
Parrots
L
Hello guys, sorry for late reply Its been very hard days for me lately, as my turquoise yellowsided conure got killed by crows and now my cage is empty so Is my heart, I
Will never in my life get another pet as I blame myself for everything thing that happened to my birbs and i decided that im not decent for taking care for these birds… thanks everyone here that supported me when I needed help you guys are Literally best forum in the planet. I just pray the ones that flew away have found a nice home with someone who takes care. Have a nice one guys se you and thanks

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this awful news, @Happyandzaza, my most sincere condolences go out to you. Please don't be too hard on yourself, it was a terrible accident and you did not mean for this to happen. Happy knew how very much you loved her and would not want you to blame yourself. My heart goes out to you and I'm so very sorry for your loss 💔

Fly free on bright wings, sweet Happy, you will be always loved forever missed. 🙏

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Hello guys, sorry for late reply Its been very hard days for me lately, as my turquoise yellowsided conure got killed by crows and now my cage is empty so Is my heart, I
Will never in my life get another pet as I blame myself for everything thing that happened to my birbs and i decided that im not decent for taking care for these birds… thanks everyone here that supported me when I needed help you guys are Literally best forum in the planet. I just pray the ones that flew away have found a nice home with someone who takes care. Have a nice one guys se you and thanks
😭😭😭😭😭
How HORRIBLE this happened to your beloved birds!
Get another bird. You're a good person who loves birds. Just don't let it outside. Enjoy your birds indoors.

OP
Happyandzaza

Happyandzaza

May 11, 2023
Parrots
L
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this awful news, @Happyandzaza, my most sincere condolences go out to you. Please don't be too hard on yourself, it was a terrible accident and you did not mean for this to happen. Happy knew how very much you loved her and would not want you to blame yourself. My heart goes out to you and I'm so very sorry for your loss 💔

Fly free on bright wings, sweet Happy, you will be always loved forever missed. 🙏
Ever since I lost my birds life is black and white especially happy I used to be with him 24/7 and we had a bond like no other, i can not sleep at night knowing that I lost her i am very sad and I miss my bird, this life is not fair and I really miss him… :’(

OP
Happyandzaza

Happyandzaza

May 11, 2023
Parrots
L
😭😭😭😭😭
How HORRIBLE this happened to your beloved birds!
Get another bird. You're a good person who loves birds. Just don't let it outside. Enjoy your birds indoors.
Yes what happened to
Me I still can not believe it they are innocent birds that deserved better. Right now I dont think I will get a bird because I really miss them especially happy, maybe later in life I will get a pineapple conure if I find one exactly like happy. I took them outside to feel the summer days big mistake I know :(((( p.s happy never came back

Most Reactions

Latest posts