Pizza Crust

stephend

Jun 7, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Acorn - a Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure;
Bob - a Cockatiel;
Cricket - an American Budgie
Can Bob have small pieces of pizza crust?

It probably doesn't matter as he is a very picky eater, but I would like to share.

Abzeez

Apr 26, 2011
WI
Parrots
Bean the Blue Front Amazon, Chico the Ringneck, and Ida the African grey
My parrots steal it from me once in awhile. He will probably be OK.

OP
S

stephend

Jun 7, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Bob - a Cockatiel;
Thanks, and maybe he will actually like it.

xreinx

May 24, 2011
Alaska
Parrots
-no parrots yet-
I do have two cats -Riply & Nano bites-
four snakes- china, dip & stick, and Grand Chahee-
lmao, Beware! junkfood turns them into little monsters! our boss encouraged us to spend time with lary, a unbrella cockatoo that came to stay with us for alittle while. so we took to eating in the room and talking with him, well oneday we had burgers, seeing that he really wanted the frenchfries, well screaming at us from the top of the cage didnt get him any, so he tried to climb down, laughing we put him on the desk that had no way for him to get off. That only made him angry so he gave a last scream and launched himself across the room at us, I held my arm up but wouldent give him the fries so he tried to nip me, when I twisted my arm, he flew at our coworker and she dropped her fries trying to catch him, he gave a evil laugh and with flapping wings and grabbing hands, climed DOWN her and landed on the floor only to snag 3 fries, two in one claw, one in his beak and he hid under the desk, giving his evil laugh as he ate his fries while we cleaned up the mess really quick. so Beware! LMAO your bird might turn into a real junkfood junkie.

until that moment, we had no Idea he could fly. he had never showed he wanted to before that.

Last edited:

Abzeez

Apr 26, 2011
WI
Parrots
Bean the Blue Front Amazon, Chico the Ringneck, and Ida the African grey
Sounds like that parrot shouldn't have been out while you were eating.

Share your pizza crust. Enjoy your little Bob. :)

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
lol only draw back is, after a while they look at the yummy toppings, like nut does an drops the crust!

but just be aware of what the dough is made up of, some packet pizza's have really high fat/salt content in the dough

an lol xrein :)

mellykyitus

Oct 22, 2010
Media
south wales UK
Parrots
Angel the blue and gold macaw, mimsy the lesser sulphur too, rocky the galah & willow the blue crowned conure.
angel usually gets a piece of crust when i have pizza! they love to be included x

OP
S

stephend

Jun 7, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Bob - a Cockatiel;
I offered Bob a piece of crust, he did not seem to think it was food. I think I have the pickiest bird on the planet; I can't even give him sun flower seeds as a treat.

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
We get into trouble if we don't share our pizza crust. I was hoping to get our birds used to eating dinner with us...always had little bowls of food for them and everything, but I've had very limited success. Especially when we're having something that's bad for them but they really want that instead of what's in their bowls.

azdesertrhino

Oct 29, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw
Mac gets a piece of crust when we have pizza. He just opens it up and eats a little of the soft center. I think he more shreds it than consumes it.

He takes "Breaking Bread" literally!!

We tried having Mac at the dinner table with us but we were not successful with that adventure. If he wasn't trying to get in to our plates he was having the dining room table for roughage.

Last edited:

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
lmao nut has dinner with us in her sleep cage, or now she is on her sleep cage, unless she spies something thats not in her bowl too!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts