OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Coronavirus Live Updates: C.D.C. Warns Americans to Brace for Likely Outbreak

New outbreaks in Asia, Europe and the Middle East are renewing fears of a coming global pandemic, even as the spread in China appears to be slowing.

RIGHT NOW“We are asking the American public to prepare for the expectation that this might be bad,” a C.D.C. official said.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Ahead of any pandemic, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security says families should check their prescription drug supplies, store two weeks supply of water and food, and have non-prescription drugs and health supplies on hand, including pain relievers, cough and cold medicines, and fluids with electrolytes.
https://www.ready.gov/pandemic

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
We completed our normal shopping today (Thursday) and found everything we needed and in general, fully stocked store. The only item not found is masks. Not found in our normal shopping locations for such things. Replenishment was posted as three to six weeks. That said, on the Videos I have seen at least a 1/3 of the people wearing masks had them placed improperly!

Likely several weeks prior to mass purchasing occurs.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
One nicely written
This isn’t preparation for apocalypse—it’s readying yourself for a stressful and highly inconvenient but temporary experience, concentrating on the psychological experience more than the health side. (For that, read Laurie Garrett’s*

What people wish they had during this time, more chocolate topped list! Followed by snacks, ( my kind of people :)

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Folks get your month or two months if pet food on hand! We know how picky our birds are. Food will be made available for people, they will not open pet stores if your town gets shut down.
Please do this!
Walmart is limiting things you can buy right now!!! They are saying you can't buy cold medicine unless you are sick!! They are calling things yellow ticket items!!! Even though Homeland security, CDC and FEMA, all have on their website that you should have cold and fku medicine in hand, as well as food and water, and pet supplies for at least two weeks,!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Folks get your month or two months if pet food on hand! We know how picky our birds are. Food will be made available for people, they will not open pet stores if your town gets shut down.
Please do this!
Walmart is limiting things you can buy right now!!! They are saying you can't buy cold medicine unless you are sick!! They are calling things yellow ticket items!!! Even though Homeland security, CDC and FEMA, all have on their website that you should have cold and fku medicine in hand, as well as food and water, and pet supplies for at least two weeks,!

I've made two Walmart runs during the last week including yesterday. Absolutely no restrictions, most everything fully stocked. Perhaps regional variations? (I'm in northern San Diego)

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
This just happened todsy! Did not happen to me a few days ago!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
We completed our normal shopping today (Thursday) and found everything we needed and in general, fully stocked store. The only item not found is masks. Not found in our normal shopping locations for such things. Replenishment was posted as three to six weeks. That said, on the Videos I have seen at least a 1/3 of the people wearing masks had them placed improperly!

Likely several weeks prior to mass purchasing occurs.

Man, did I miss this timeline!!!

Exchange days for Weeks is much closer!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Ya...
News show hundreds if not thousands lineing up together to buy supplies in Washington state during a community spread outbreak!!! Do not do this!! This is causing more people to be exposed!!!!! Get your supplies ahead of any outbreak in your area. Then you won't expose yourself and spread this more!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Please world,
Be prepared for your pets! Parrots are very picky eaters, have what you need on hand to see you through 2 weeks to a month.
A quarantine or a lock down has cought many people off guard!
Hopefully this doesn't happen to you. But please think of your pets and be ready just incase.

Most Reactions

Latest posts