Please help, dark feathers and yellow/orange beak

kikoconure10

May 9, 2024
Parrots
1 conure
I'm trying to get a vet appointment, I'm just waiting for a response but I'm really worried. My conure is 1 year old, and he's on a seed diet. It's very difficult because I live with my family and they keep giving him sunflower seeds, which he eats everyday. Out of nowhere, his beak turned yellowish and now it's orange, his feathers got darker as well on both sides. The colors are more clear/vibrant than they seem in the photos. I assume he's molting too... could this be a serious liver issue? What does it look like? I'm just trying to know what to expect, please help me

Attachments

• 1715286833212.png
    1715286833212.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 1715286829683.png
    1715286829683.png
    75.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 1715286824388.png
    1715286824388.png
    106.9 KB · Views: 18

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Honestly, I dont see anything seriously wrong, maybe it's just the color is off in the photos. Sometimes thier beak changes color from food residue.

GambotheGreyt

Feb 8, 2024
Parrots
Currently.. congo african grey
I'm trying to get a vet appointment, I'm just waiting for a response but I'm really worried. My conure is 1 year old, and he's on a seed diet. It's very difficult because I live with my family and they keep giving him sunflower seeds, which he eats everyday. Out of nowhere, his beak turned yellowish and now it's orange, his feathers got darker as well on both sides. The colors are more clear/vibrant than they seem in the photos. I assume he's molting too... could this be a serious liver issue? What does it look like? I'm just trying to know what to expect, please help me
I think that he is going through his first molt and his true colors are coming out.

Even if your parents are feeding (unsalted!!!) sunflower seeds, you can add fruits, vegetables, birdy bread, and so on to provide a more nutritional diet.

Most Reactions