Plum head beak redness?

petrusi

Oct 10, 2021
Parrots
Plum heads
Hello,

So my plum head Stevan has developed a redness on his beak. But don't know what is it. Is it from blunt trauma but I didn't let him out of the cage since i'm still working on the taming part he is a skittish bird of humans but when left alone while I'm in the room he is very active with his toys and sings a lot. My only suspicion is the toy made from wood that has some string on it he keeps harassing that toy he absolutely loves it. And the other suspicion is too small squares on the cage he keeps grabing on to with the beak. Honestly don't know he is eating and drinking normally so I don't think its a big problem. Still had to get reassurance here. Would also like tips on taming him he is really really skittish around humans aka me since he is in my room.

Thanks!

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
Pictures and how old he is can help alot!
here is a thread that can help with skittish parakeets

OP
P

petrusi

Oct 10, 2021
Parrots
Plum heads
He was hatched in 6 months ago. Can't take the pictures now since its kinda dark and doesn't really show. Thanks!

OP
P

petrusi

Oct 10, 2021
Parrots
Plum heads
Here is the photo I couldn't get it better that little spot right in the middle of the beak. The stuff on the sides are from blueberries don't mind that :D

Attachments

• stevo.jpg
    stevo.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 85

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
Here is the photo I couldn't get it better that little spot right in the middle of the beak. The stuff on the sides are from blueberries don't mind that :D
I think thats natural coloring
As long as he has a good weight
And is eating and acting normal its fine

Most Reactions