Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
What is it? What counts as a positive reaction? I've been trying to figure out for how long. Because my total amount of reactions are 4575, but the amount of reactions that ate publicly shown are 3896...

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
At the "Reactions received"
Screenshot_20220730-122117_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220730-122139_Chrome.jpg

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I did have an understanding, but what one had from their past did not make the move to the new Format and recently, there was a loss of recent obtained numbers. Kind of a double negative count for some. Will be interesting to hear what effects those numbers.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I wonder if the reactions we receive in PMs count towards a complete total, but only reactions received for posts are counted for the number of reactions shown.
Perhaps to keep people from PMing back and forth only to gather likes?
Or because the post reactions are the ones that are helpful to the forum, while PMs are not?
Just a guess.
My total is about 4000 less than shown, thanks for showing me how to look at that, I'd never clicked that reactions number.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Me too. A while back I tried to see if reactions in our PMs added to our total, but only checked the total in the Members section and it never added any there.
I'll check it again today and look at both numbers.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Here's a quick breakdown of the points awarded by reactions.

View attachment 43222
Thank you, Dan, that is very helpful!
I do have a request:) Is there any way that "Care" be worth at least a +1? I think that caring about members is one of the most important things we do here, and that reaction helps us show it.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Thank you, Dan, that is very helpful!
I do have a request:) Is there any way that "Care" be worth at least a +1? I think that caring about members is one of the most important things we do here, and that reaction helps us show it.
I have to agree. I'd vote for a +2 honestly. To me, a care has more meaning than a regular like. Otherwise, I think a level playing field and have them all +1. For example, sad reaction is typically showing feelings for a member's post that was a sad situation, and it's an appropriate reaction. It ought to carry the same weight as a like, IMO. As the Admiral would say, my two cents...

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I've seen people use "sad" in the same context as angry too, for example, someone gives terrible advice about brid care, so you react with "sad". So maybe "sad" is better off with no value.

But I do think "care" needs to be 1+.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 6, 2009
I have to agree. I'd vote for a +2 honestly. To me, a care has more meaning than a regular like. Otherwise, I think a level playing field and have them all +1. For example, sad reaction is typically showing feelings for a member's post that was a sad situation, and it's an appropriate reaction. It ought to carry the same weight as a like, IMO. As the Admiral would say, my two cents...

Good point, I do like the idea of giving the care reaction +2 rating. It's been updated.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
I am positive that my positive reactions are positively in the negative.

We could have reactions that more closely resemble reality. Ie:

Groans (neutral)
Face-slaps (negative 1)
Apple-cheeked embarrassment (negative 3)
Graduation caps (positive 1)
Superman symbol (positive 3)
Thrown monkey wrenches (for the disruptive types like me) (negative 4)
Tombstones ( for the thread killers)
2+2=5 !! (for the clueless)

I'd even do the graphics for the emoji's

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I am positive that my positive reactions are positively in the negative.

We could have reactions that more closely resemble reality. Ie:

Groans (neutral)
Face-slaps (negative 1)
Apple-cheeked embarrassment (negative 3)
Graduation caps (positive 1)
Superman symbol (positive 3)
Thrown monkey wrenches (for the disruptive types like me) (negative 4)
Tombstones ( for the thread killers)
2+2=5 !! (for the clueless)

I'd even do the graphics for the emoji's

These are some emojis I truly want to see!!! Banging head against the wall would be a good one to add.

Most Reactions

Latest posts