Quaker Parrot help !

akitaburd

Aug 2, 2023
Parrots
Sunconure, Green Cheek, Cockatiels
Hi ! I am looking for some advice regarding quakers as I am potentially (considering) adopting one from a local shelter. I've owned (and still own) greencheeks, sun conures, and cockatiels and am now wanting to dip my toes into the quaker side of things ! I'm aware they aren't the most nicest darling birds haha so I'm ready to get a couple fingers bitten off. Just looking for someones two cents on owning one or any care tips that are different from other birds. :)

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Quakers are known to get extremely cage-protective, so handling and training should be done away from their cage, on a play stand or training perch. Once away from their cage, they are typical parrots. I can bear witness to this.

The other thing Quakers are known for - they are incredible architects and construction engineers. Give them a handful of popsicle sticks or coffee stirrers, they will build a complex and sturdy structure. Really a good activity for them, its their natural instinct to do this.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
If its well tempered they get along fine. Just make sure your flock is ready and the new bird is ready.

Excuse the mess on picture three the vacuum broke and had to buy a new one. but it's all cleaned up now after I got it. It's the best picure of her and a budgie together.
20220616_171200.jpg
20230203_154749.jpg

20220505_164429.jpg
20220517_180658.jpg

Most Reactions

Latest posts