Quaker still sneezing on Baytril

OP
NWQuakers

NWQuakers

Jan 6, 2013
Everson, WA
Parrots
Lucky, Quaker, abt 18/male?
Previous birds: 2 Quakers, 2 budgies, Nanday conure, Indian ringneck, 2 tiels, Red Lory, 300+ finches.
I took today off work to visit Mark and see what needs to be done. As much as I'd like to have Mark home again, I don't think it would be a good way to go, if she can't catch her breath and can't feel warm even in the hospital cage.

When both birds were in the hospital, we stripped down their whole area, scrubbed everything, and put up bathroom type wall panels where they like to poop on the walls. This week I set up a hospital cage, thinking Mark would be home yesterday. The heated perch I ordered for her will arrive today or tomorrow. It's hard to see all this knowing Mark probably won't have a chance to make use of it.

Hopefully Lucky will like the perch.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Was hoping to hear some good news! I wish that Mark will get better soon!

You and Mark will also be in my thoughts!

OP
NWQuakers

NWQuakers

Jan 6, 2013
Everson, WA
Parrots
Lucky, Quaker, abt 18/male?
Previous birds: 2 Quakers, 2 budgies, Nanday conure, Indian ringneck, 2 tiels, Red Lory, 300+ finches.
Just got back from a nice visit with Mark at the vet's.
She seems more old than sick to me, but I'll talk to the vet this afternoon about what's next.

She's eating and pooping ok. She sneezed a couple times while I was there, but dry sneezes. She would cuddle up, fluff her feathers, and snooze for a bit, then wake back up and groom herself or me for a minute, and go back to snoozing. She would occasionally let her wings droop and open her beak slightly to breathe, but not really labored panting, and not for more than a couple breaths.

I think that unless the vet has some overriding reason to keep her there longer, I will bring her home tonight to spend her last days at home.

I had such a rough night, envisioning Mark alone and gasping for air at the vet's office, and I feel much better after my visit. I'm going to make sure my hospital cage is ready and preheated to match the incubator at the vet's, and go from there.

Most Reactions

Latest posts