Question about old site

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
Someone along time ago said if I emailed a certain person on the admin list hat I would get help but that never happened. Who can I get ahold of to get my old photos back from the old site some of those photo I no longer have and some of my birds are no longer with me
Any advice would be helpful I’ve been on this site a lot of years and would love to have those things back

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Hi mariar. From what I can see it looks like you (and a few others) have left a message on @Admin 's profile, but I'm not sure if he has seen it. You are better to message him directly, which you can do if you pull up his profile and click on the "Start Conversation" button - that's the new equivalent of the previous private messaging system. That way he should receive an email from you in addition to the private message - and his name is Dan.

Good luck and I hope this helps you! 🙏

OP
Mariar

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Parrots
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
Hi mariar. From what I can see it looks like you (and a few others) have left a message on @Admin 's profile, but I'm not sure if he has seen it. You are better to message him directly, which you can do if you pull up his profile and click on the "Start Conversation" button - that's the new equivalent of the previous private messaging system. That way he should receive an email from you in addition to the private message - and his name is Dan.

Good luck and I hope this helps you! 🙏
Where is the start a conversation button?? Why is this new site so frustrating the old site was easier for people like me who aren’t good on computers lol please help

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Where is the start a conversation button?? Why is this new site so frustrating the old site was easier for people like me who aren’t good on computers lol please help
Here you go :)

HYBhArv.png

OP
Mariar

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Parrots
Here you go :)

HYBhArv.png
I don’t have that when I pull up the admin I just have a follow button and when I click on the mail envelope icon it needs a name for a recipient so I typed in admin.3451 which looks like it’s part the name of the person I’m suppose to contact and it doesn’t work any other way?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I don’t have that when I pull up the admin I just have a follow button and when I click on the mail envelope icon it needs a name for a recipient so I typed in admin.3451 which looks like it’s part the name of the person I’m suppose to contact and it doesn’t work any other way?
Ok so if you click on or hover your cursor over this blue link, @Admin , you should get a pop-up that looks like this...

Wo3F4zB.png

... so you can click "Start Conversation" and your message will go directly to Dan. :)

OP
Mariar

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Parrots
Ok so if you click on or hover your cursur over this blue link, @Admin , you should get a pop-up that looks like this...

Wo3F4zB.png

... so you can click "Start Conversation" and your message will go directly to Dan. :)
Still no start conversation button on my end 😵‍💫 just a folllow button

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I'm sorry Mariar, I don't know why you are not getting the right button popping up at your end.

I will message Dan for you now though and ask him to see if he can recover your photos :)

OP
Mariar

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Parrots
Ok so if you click on or hover your cursur over this blue link, @Admin , you should get a pop-up that looks like this...

Wo3F4zB.png

thank you i even refreshed my computer and tried to do it on my iphone

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
thank you i even refreshed my computer and tried to do it on my iphone
No worries Mariar, I've messaged @Admin already so I hope to have a response soon. He may send it to me but I will forward it to you if he does.

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Hey, I really know my way around computers! I still stumble around in the new platform! But once you get used to power windows, climate control, and lane assist—- it’s hard to go back!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
I'm sorry Mariar, I don't know why you are not getting the right button popping up at your end.

I will message Dan for you now though and ask him to see if he can recover your photos :)
this "new site" has its flaws..I STILL can't send a "PM" or "start conversation" When I click "start conversation" my curser doesn't appear so I cant type a "recipients" name..Only way I can send something is if someone sends me something first then I can respond. Given up on the whole thing now :-/

Jim

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
OP
Mariar

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Parrots
I think we figured out the issue with sending private messages. Can you give it another try @Mariar

Thank you so much for recovering my photos I literally started tearing up

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Tried again to start conversation..nope...nada...ziltch.. :=/

Jim

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots

Jim
Jim I'm so sorry to know that you are still having problems with messaging. Did you try to message @Admin ? Can you please try to start a new message with me @LaManuka ?

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Jim I'm so sorry to know that you are still having problems with messaging. Did you try to message @Admin ? Can you please try to start a new message with me @LaManuka ?
Marty if you message me first,or someone else messages me,I can respond,but to start my own conversation I cant type in a recipients name the cursor doesnt appear.

Jim

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots

Jim

Marty if you message me first,or someone else messages me,I can respond,but to start my own conversation I cant type in a recipients name the cursor doesnt appear.

Jim
Uncle Jim, I've sent you a PM, and will have another look into it for you later today ;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts