Question

AndrewH

Aug 22, 2010
Dayton, OH
Parrots
Both my birds are rehomed rescues. Samantha, Umbrella Cockatoo (HD: 2002)
Lucky, B&G Macaw (HD: 1990-ish?)
...And you too, probably! That's a big cage.

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
Gandalf - CAG (1997-2010) R.I.P. my baby boy.
Bitty - CAG (2 yrs old? and working on spoiling her rotten)
The hardware looks like it's galvanized, which would worry me for parrots, but for finches it looks like a great cage, especially so for a freebie.

OP
SharonC

SharonC

May 26, 2010
I'm concerned that the Finches, my Canary, and two female Budgies would not get along....I'm considering it only to downsize on cage numbers, as I would be increasing the bird numbers. You'll notice I have have at least six birds....

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
Hi Sharon, I've seen cararies and finches housed together before, and budgies and finches, but ot the combo of all three, guess it would be one of those try it and see things, just curious, are you lookig at getting the cages in the ad? or somthing similar?, the ad looks to good to be true, free birds, free cages :11:

parrotguy12

Aug 19, 2010
Media
Parrots
American Yellowface parrotlet "paquito"
Green IRN "Georgey"
2 budgies "lemon" and "sky"
i think finches with budgies are a bad idea, i have a finch that was with my two budgies and they would constantly torment the little finch with pecking

OP
SharonC

SharonC

May 26, 2010
Hi Sharon, I've seen cararies and finches housed together before, and budgies and finches, but ot the combo of all three, guess it would be one of those try it and see things, just curious, are you lookig at getting the cages in the ad? or somthing similar?, the ad looks to good to be true, free birds, free cages :11:

It does look too good to be true, and I wondered...There is the possibility that the guy just wants to "get rid of" ......I'd probably need two of them, one for hookbills, and one for softbills.
I was considering it to allow my Budgies and Canary a big flying space instead of their "scheduled" time out daily. However, I'm at my limit as far as "workload" goes, so the bigger cages may be more work than what I have now.... maybe I'll rspond, ask some questions, and see what happens...

Most Reactions

Latest posts