YouTube Videos of Home Made Toys

Vampiric_Conure68

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Joined
May 16, 2022
Messages
2,613
Reaction score
4,468
Location
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 26 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-25yrs -Grey Tiel
Zesty(F)-15+yrs-Lutino Tiel
Cinder(F)-15yrs-Pearl Tiel
Vortex (F) - H March 15 2024
QUasar (??)-2 yr-YS GCC
Yvons (M)-18 yrs-CAG
Sadly I don't have pix, but I made some paper toys for my birds. Variations on what is found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snfv9tRpQWE

I stuffed many of them with slivered almonds and everyone, including Vortex, who's never had almonds, went BONKERS. Charlie shredded his paper toys like a shark through a fish school, LOL! SO many ideas, so little paper (even for an artist like me...)
 
I've done similar as a foundation for paper toys. I don't add color(lazy). I also need to make thickness thicker to accommodate my CAG. For example your candy wrapper. I put treat of crushed pecan, almond etc in a straw. I cut straw to fit wrapper. Using double thick paper, I twist ends very tight. Sometimes I leave ends long and knot them around cage bars. I now have more ideas to use for added variety.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom