Quinn's 3 week check up

Sherry1

Mar 1, 2015
California
Parrots
"Quinn C. Pickle" Dusky Conure born 12/14/14 home 3/18/15
At his one week check he had lost 8 grams so we were on 'operation fatten up Quinn' and while he isn't back to the 108g he was when I brought him home, he is up to 104g now so we got permission to have a toy. He was afraid of it at first so I hung it on the outside with the 'popcicle' stick parts sticking into his cage. He's having a lot of fun with it!

He was SO naughty this morning and the first time I actually got annoyed with him and had to use a stern 'no'. He decided he didn't want to go back into his cage and every time I'd try to put him in he'd run up my arm and avoid me and then nip at me when I'd try to grab him. I was finally able to get him to 'step up' then had to grab him and place him in the cage while he tried cramming himself through the door before I could close it. So, I took some time and let him out and put him back 5 or 6 times telling him how good he was when he didn't have a fit and went in nicely. It was literally like he was having a bratty temper tantrum because he didn't want to go back. He's had a few times where he'll try to run up my arm but I just stop him and put him back in. Today was that times 100. Did I handle it properly? Anything else I should be doing? There doesn't seem to be anything goes crazy for food/treat wise so I haven't tried offering him anything for going in, he usually just goes back in without issue.

On a more positive note, we had a really fun play session the other day and he was making me laugh so hard. I was sitting with my arms folded on the table, him on the table with a baby blanket and he kept trying to push his head under my arms and into the blanket playing peek-a-boo with me. He'd dive in and out of the blanket doing little summersaults. It was so cute!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back