ready to adopt a female Eclectus parrot

Rose2020

Mar 15, 2022
Parrots
Solomon Eclectus (female)
Hi guys!
I need advice. A few weeks ago our ekki passed away. I am looking to purchase another cause my kids' hearts are aching. I went to my previous breeder but they don't have any to adopt til because they will be breeding their pair next month.
I am anxious because who do I go to? I found one breeder online. Their name is Lily. Their website is eclectusparrotbabies.com
I spoke to them on the phone. I am not sure how to read them. She is super friendly and ready to make a sale.... Do you guys know of them?
I am located in PA. If anyone knows of a trusted breeder on the east coast it would be much appreciated. I will still do my homework but need somewhere to start with!
Thanks
Rose

D

Deleted member 42416

It might be worth the wait to go with your original breeder…will also allow time for your family to grieve in the mean time.

So sorry for your loss.

OP
R

Rose2020

Mar 15, 2022
Parrots
Solomon Eclectus (female)
It might be worth the wait to go with your original breeder…will also allow time for your family to grieve in the mean time.

So sorry for your loss.
I totally understand what you are saying. But Our bird was my kid’s animal support. My kid has anxiety and severe depression. I am glad they are coping well for now. They are grieving properly. But I think 7/8 months to wait would be to long for them. She too wants to wait a little bit because they miss their bird.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Hi guys!
I need advice. A few weeks ago our ekki passed away. I am looking to purchase another cause my kids' hearts are aching. I went to my previous breeder but they don't have any to adopt til because they will be breeding their pair next month.
I am anxious because who do I go to? I found one breeder online. Their name is Lily. Their website is eclectusparrotbabies.com
I spoke to them on the phone. I am not sure how to read them. She is super friendly and ready to make a sale.... Do you guys know of them?
I am located in PA. If anyone knows of a trusted breeder on the east coast it would be much appreciated. I will still do my homework but need somewhere to start with!
Thanks
Rose

Hi Rose2020, welcome to the forums, but I'm very sorry for the sad circumstances that brought you here. Please accept my very deepest condolences on the loss of your precious Ekkie girl 🙏

The name "Lily" has raised a bit of a red flag for me. I could be wrong, but there is a rather notorious outfit out there with an associate called Lily. They are rather infamous around here, and our members have written several times warning about them ...

Yes, unfortunately I'm extremely familiar with them...It's Ana's in Stroudsberg and Lily's in Hazelton, they are one in the same, and are not at all parrot breeders, but rather parrot "brokers" who buy extremely young baby parrots from their actual breeders at wholesale prices, thousands of them, and then assembly-line tube-feed them, then sell them for a gigantic profit. At any given time they have young babies of every species of parrot, and they sell them at ridiculous prices. These two women have nothing to do with raising, handling, taming, or feeding their birds at all, and they will not let you actually go to their "facilities", they would rather you pay them $125 or whatever to ship them to you in a crate, but if you contact them and say you want to see a baby bird, they will give you an address to meet them at that is a house, rather than their "breeding warehouses"...Stay away, these two women are practicing exactly what needs to be stopped, and making a fortune doing it. People are always thrilled with them because most of the birds they sell are shipped, and they have no idea what is really going on with them, they think they are the breeders. I can't imagine being happy paying their prices, but once you figure out what they are actually doing, it's horrifying and disgusting...
... here's a link to the whole thread ...

I cannot be sure if it's the same "Lily" that you mentioned, but if it is it may be best to look elsewhere.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Please understand that Parrots have seasons and although Ekkies Tend to be easily pushed to reproduce at near anytime of the year. That also results in less then honest breeders to push for multiple layings during a single year!!

I understand you're need, but please understand that quality Breeders do not push their Bonded Pairs!!

Consider a Rescue Parrot that shows an interest in your family!

Last edited:

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
I can't decide if I think they're good or bad. The thing that jumped out at me was saying "surprise your friends or family with..." I can't imagine an ethical breeder that supposedly cares about their birds wanting someone to be giving a bird as complex as an ekkie as a surprise gift. IDK.

My personal preference is for rescues, but I don't fault others for wanting a baby. Just not for me. Much to be said for adopting an adult- you know what you're getting, as personality and preferences are already established.

That said however, another breeder I've seen recommended by other members here, also in Texas, is JC Aviaries. Might be worth a look.

tacocaTEclectus

Mar 22, 2022
Parrots
tacocaT the Eclectus hatched 9/16/22
Hi guys!
Thanks
Rose
I actually just got a male eclectus from Lilly in Texas. The process was easy and my bird came to me happy and hand tamed. Literally got him Wednesday night and his vet appointment is a few days away but he seems healthy. I can cautiously recommend Lilly in Texas (can’t be 100% until the vet visit). You can message me if you have any more questions.

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Hi there, I am very very sorry about your loss. Losing our feathered friends is always heartbreaking. It's great that someone has gotten a ekkie from the place that you are asking about. At least then you'll know that you won't be scammed.

I also have an Ekkie myself who has health issues. May I ask if your Ekkie had health issues? How long you had her for? Diet?

Thank you for your help!

Cpoppy

Aug 6, 2022
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus
Hi Rose2020,
I am in Maryland and I am currently talking to Lily about an eclectus (Male (baby) or female 14 yr old breeder), Not sure yet) However, she was very nice to talk with and I have heard nothing but good (reviews). However, I am not sure which route to go. I don't want a really young parrot. maybe a year or older. If you find anyone on the east coast, please let me know. I am so sorry about your Ekkie. I am hoping we both can find the one we want. However, I believe I am going to go with Lily, Solely Solmon.

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
At the end of the day all parrots will be needing homes. Adopting an older parrot, or buying a baby is all on preference. If you are buying a baby macaw for an example they can live well past 50 years. Thats something to really consider. Then you have to worry about finding a home for a parrot as you age, and may no longer capable of providing for a parrot. With a baby you get a parrot that won’t have potential behavioral issues/possible aggression as you will be the one, and only person training. There are bonuses, and downfalls to both adopting an older parrot, or buying a baby. I’ve done both, and can say I haven’t regretted either.

Most Reactions