Rebelling

Donna196464

Active member
Joined
Jul 27, 2026
Messages
88
Reaction score
155
Location
Cornwall uk
Parrots
Indian ringneck
Budgie
Well Chester is still biting really hard and actively seeks out bare skin to sink his beak into, he's not bothered with clothed skin at all. I know he can be gentle as if I give him a small pine nut he will be very careful.
I have tried the shunning technique but how to you shun a bird that refuses to be shunned. If I try to put him on a perch he will hang onto me refusing to go on and if I do manage to prise him off as soon as I turn my back he Flys back onto my head.
I am trying clicker training but now when I call him instead of flying onto my hand like he was doing he Flys onto my head.
Love the little guy to pieces but I am sat here in a hot room with my hoody on and hood up and a pair of gloves
 
  • Sad
Reactions: AMD
And there goes the clicker, I might just have to put up with cheeky chester being naughty
 

Attachments

  • 20260819_191034.webp
    20260819_191034.webp
    132.7 KB · Views: 48
Try raising your arms above you head when he flies, almost partially cover your head with your hands. He won’t be able to land on your head and will go to your hand. Keep doing it for a while and gradually move your arms lower and lower lower until eventually It becomes pattern to go to your hand.
 
Try raising your arms above you head when he flies, almost partially cover your head with your hands. He won’t be able to land on your head and will go to your hand. Keep doing it for a while and gradually move your arms lower and lower lower until eventually It becomes pattern to go to your hand.
That is a good idea i will let you know if it works
 
Nameliss is an explorer. She gets on floor and wanders. She peaks to make sure I'm not looking
Clever. So I keep a supply of things that make noise. Like that this. I wave it. Tosse it around. It upsets her. She goes back to a bird safe area. She grumbles a bit. This is cheap. Bird safe. Can be waved. A bit messy to clean up. But hey I live with a bird. If you're lucky Chester may give a take of warning. Wait as long as you can. If he's close wave. Far away toss straight up. Try to be as random as possible. Do the arms as suggested. I live with a CAG there's definitely days that I swear she's smarter than me!
20260821_094421.webp
 
I'm willing to give it a go and thank you for the idea.
Chester is adorable and such a character and loves to be with us but hard pecks are the cost of this, I know he's probably exploring us because he's young but hell it hurts, last night he finally got to my nose and wouldn't let go
 
Back
Top Bottom