Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Worms... some of you'll say wow, others will say eww. I personally think they're kinda cool!

Today I got some red wrigglers. It was at a homeschool group, so I had little time to prepare.
Here they are:
20220812_160115.jpg

Do any of you guys know how to care for them? I'll do my own research too, so it's fine if no-one gives advice. I don't expect any.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Worms... some of you'll say wow, others will say eww. I personally think they're kinda cool!

Today I got some red wrigglers. It was at a homeschool group, so I had little time to prepare.
Here they are:
View attachment 43155
Do any of you guys know how to care for them? I'll do my own research too, so it's fine if no-one gives advice. I don't expect any.
All I can say is they're pretty cool, HOWEVER, I recommend getting baby dubia roaches. It's SO COOL to watch them grow into these prehistoric-looking bugs, and their care is extremely easy.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I think people give them vegetable scraps from the kitchen. Peelings and stuff. But I’m sure they must need something else, like soil or shredded newspapers?

Roaches, yuck. πŸ™€

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I think people give them vegetable scraps from the kitchen. Peelings and stuff. But I’m sure they must eat something else.

Roaches, yuck. πŸ™€
They eat cardboard, newspaper, etc.

Red wrigglers are used to make compost for gardens.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Roaches, yuck. πŸ™€
Dubia roaches and cockroaches are vastly different. Firstly, they don't carry mites like cockroaches. Secondly, they can't fly. Thirdly, they can't climb well. And lastly, they do not multiply quickly!

I think they're pretty cool

Most Reactions