Remembering Lucy

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I used my old kindle Fire last night (misplaced my phone) and this morning it was charged to 100%. But then a window popped up onscreen: “this day in 2016”. I opened this window and saw some beautiful photos of Lucy, my deceased Quaker Parakeet. I haven’t seen them in a while because my phone is new and they’re kind of “stuck” on the old Kindle. I need to buy a memory stick and download the photos.

The first photo that came up was a gorgeous photo of Lucy’s sweet face next to a golden yellow hibiscus flower, and then some nice Halloween photos with jack o lanterns.

Lucy was such a wonderful bird and part of my life for so many years. I know she was ready to go since she was uncomfortable from her old injuries and not talking much anymore, but I still think of her all the time. Lucy said so many funny and appropriate things and was such a good companion. We spent more than twenty years together and I loved her very much.

Willow has his own quieter personality and a very different parrot. He’s sweet and goofy in his own way, and a loving boy. But I have so many Words of Wisdom remembered from Lucy.

Lucy used to tell me “it’s o-cage”. This was her combination of “it’s okay!” And the word “cage” from the Quaker Song. So clever and funny. And her yelling, “oh, sh!t!” when she saw the vacuum cleaner or other scary thing. She learned that from me swearing at my alarm clock.

Right now, Willows basket is on my lap and he’s perched on the handle. Earlier he was licking my nose. And here he goes again, licking my nose after I kissed the top of his head. Parrots are amazing creatures. I am so lucky to have birds in my life.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
What a beautiful tribute to Lucy, she sounds like a wonderful friend to you.

I'm so glad that you have Willow there for you. They always know when we need them.
I'd love to see pics of her.

Most Reactions

Latest posts