Rita Scarlet Macaw

gndontis

Oct 6, 2016
Hi guys I am new in the forum. I am owner of an female scarlet macaw named Rita. I am from Greece and I think that I am the only one here with a scarlet macaw [emoji38] Expect one guy from Crete.
Take a look to Rita's fotos
6dfda610661cb0c92609e145d587fb95.jpg
2fc7676b7619e303be91d8536dc1f196.jpg
6777138cdbb7bfe313d8b86dece39665.jpg
22602f0b05d47e3ce7dd34472aeeb961.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Welcome. Sorry to dissapoint you but there are several scarlet macaw owners on here. You will have lots to talk about with them. Just go to the Macaw sub forum. But you are the first person from Greece. Sorry, we do not have a Greek subform though. :)

OP
gndontis

gndontis

Oct 6, 2016
Ohh really Am I the first Greek? I thought that I wrote in Macaw sub forum. I am sorry but I use Tapatalk and I don't have a clear image about the structure of the forum... I don't have problem with not exist of Greek forum in parallel I want to practice my English. Are you a macaw owner?

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
The Rickeybird and I are in LOVE with Rita.
What an adorable little... flirt... with the camera.
Some birds shut down in the presence of a camera... she steps UP!
Like... I'm ready for my close-up!

SirEdwin89

Mar 5, 2016
Virginia
Parrots
Confetti (9y/o CAG), Ely (5 y/o Citron SC2), Barney (3 y/o MSC2), Baby (21 y/o Senegal), Peaches (16 y/o M2)
Conan (26 y/o Harlequin Macaw)
What a happy looking girl. You can see that big ol' parrot smile in every last one of those pictures, she is lovely! I see you also hjave a beautiful (or handsome) CAG there as well, "Hey, don't forget me I wanna picture to!!!!"

very nice to meet you and your flock though, and so far your english is very easy to understand! (A whole lot better than my greek!)

Teknogeddon

Aug 13, 2016
Alabama
Parrots
Chasca - Hahns Macaw
She's beautiful! I'm getting a mini-macaw here soon. As of yesterday, she turned 2 months old.

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots
Goofy (YNA), Oscar (Goffin 'too). Foster bird Betty (RLA). RIP Cookie, 1991-2016 ('tiel), Leo (Sengal), Charlotte (scarlet macaw). Grand-birds: Liam (budgie), Donovan (lovebird), RIP Angelo (budgie)
She's beautiful! Is she sassy too? My scarlet macaw is the sassiest bird in the house.

OP
gndontis

gndontis

Oct 6, 2016
What a happy looking girl. You can see that big ol' parrot smile in every last one of those pictures, she is lovely! I see you also hjave a beautiful (or handsome) CAG there as well, "Hey, don't forget me I wanna picture to!!!!"

very nice to meet you and your flock though, and so far your english is very easy to understand! (A whole lot better than my greek!)

Thanks for you kind words! I have also a lot of picture with my African grey. I didn't upload her foto because is out of topic. Do you speak Greek ?

OP
gndontis

gndontis

Oct 6, 2016
She's beautiful! Is she sassy too? My scarlet macaw is the sassiest bird in the house.

Oh yes ! She is ! She always want to be on my shoulder and brushing her

SirEdwin89

Mar 5, 2016
Virginia
Parrots
Confetti (9y/o CAG), Ely (5 y/o Citron SC2), Barney (3 y/o MSC2), Baby (21 y/o Senegal), Peaches (16 y/o M2)
Conan (26 y/o Harlequin Macaw)

Thanks for you kind words! I have also a lot of picture with my African grey. I didn't upload her foto because is out of topic. Do you speak Greek ?

Haha, I speak Tourist greek. Just enough to say hello, and politely ask if the person speaks english. Oh, and to ask where the bathroom is. I don't think that really counts though! :D I couldn't even begin to have a conversation in it.

You really do have some absolutely darling feather babies though!

Phoenixjay

Sep 5, 2016
Chicago
Parrots
Beaker- 6 year old cockatiel
Leonardo da Birdie- 11 year old cockatiel
Your fids are absolutely stunning! Your Scarlet's colors are gorgeous and you can tell she loves you. :D

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
I love the picture of your Grey,looking down at the yorkie..likes he/she is saying.."Ya..and what do YOU want??" lol.

Your Scarlet is very photogenic! Beautiful!

Jim

Most Reactions

Latest posts