Sadly, it is goodbye

ParrotLover2001

Dec 20, 2016
In my parents house
Parrots
A cockatiel, a bourke, and three budgies
Yesterday I said goodbye to my dog Chilly.
My parents didn't want him in the house anymore, and I couldn't afford to keep him.
I called the shelter Friday, and brought him in yesterday (Sunday).
It wasn't until last night when I was in bed that reality set in. My dog was gone, sitting in a cage alone, waiting for me to come back for him. But I couldn't. I cried, Dexter came over and sat in my lap. I kept crying, and the top of his little furry head became wet with my tears. I was a little surprised my cat came over and tolerated me crying with my face against his head.
I can't afford a dog, cat, several birds, tuition, auto insurance, and a car all on minimum wage, someone had to go. I was the only one keeping him here anyway, even though he was happy he could have a better life with someone else who can actually care for him. My local shelter wouldn't take him, and I was referred to one an hour away because my town had a contract with that one. It is very outdated, and small, and it's not a very busy town, quite remote. I'm afraid he'll spend the rest of his life there, he's 9 years old he can't easily find a home. He likes people, he likes dogs, he likes cats, heck he gets along with everyone! But no one wants a 9 year old dog.
This comes with the start of a new semester, the loss of my lovebird Ghost, and a whole lot of stress.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I can't even imagine this..
But I can tell you that for most of my life I have gone and chosen old dogs at the shelter to bring home and love.

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Aw, I’m so sorry for this. I do know a lot of folks who choose older dogs so am hoping that he finds a wonderful forever home. Hugs.

Most Reactions

Latest posts